Zofran ODT (Ondansetron) is a drug that is recommended by doctors after surgery or for patients going through chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Zofran ODT is used to put a stop to the queasiness and vomiting that is normally a result of cancer medication. Zofran ODT works by blocking chemicals that elicit queasiness and vomiting.
Zofran ODT Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Zofran ODT Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Zofran ODT Uses
Zofran ODT, a surgery and cancer medication, is used to avoid queasiness and vomiting after surgery. Zofran ODT works by stopping chemicals in the body from triggering queasiness or vomiting hence ensuring effectiveness of cancer or surgery medications. Zofran ODT is an orally melting film that does not require water for ingestion. Once Zofran ODT is inserted in the mouth, the dissolving process begins immediately and by twenty seconds, Zofran ODT is ingested together with saliva. Cancer and surgery patients taking Zofran ODT are able to relax and consume a variety of foods without queasiness and vomiting which would normally make them feel worse.
- Post-surgery nausea and vomiting
Zofran ODT Dosage
Zofran ODT dosage is dependent on the individual that it is being administered to. The following dosage is an average dose and could differ among individuals. Follow your medical professional"s directions for best results. General dosage for cancer patients
- Adults: 24 mg given sequentially as 8 mg tablets thirty minutes before starting chemotherapy
- Pediatric patients: (4-11 years) one 4 mg tablet is given three times a day. The first dose is given thirty minutes before chemotherapy and the rest follow 4 to 8 hours later. 4 mg tablet should be given thrice a day after every 8 hours for 2 days after chemotherapy
General dosage for preventing queasiness and vomiting in patients undergoing Radiotherapy
- Adults: one 8 mg tablet three times a day
Zofran ODT Side Effects
Like any other drug, Zofran ODT may cause side effects. You should contact your doctor if you suffer any severe side effects. Below you will find a list of Zofran ODT side effects. Note that not all possible side effects are listed here.
- Head pains
- Retention of Urine
- Feeling cold
- Queasiness and vomiting
- Eye disorders
Zofran ODT Interactions
Like any other drug, Zofran ODT may interact with other drugs and substances. You should consult with your doctor or medical professional before adding any new medication, including over the counter drugs. Below is a list of drugs that have been known to interact with Zofran ODT. Note that this list does not include all possible drug interactions.
- Other serotonin 5-HT3 antagonist drugs
- Antibiotics like erythromycin and clarithromycin
- Heart medications like dofetilide
- Anti seizure medications like phenytoin
- Some depression drugs including amitriptyline and venlafaxine
- Some antipsychotic medications including mesoridazine, haloperidol, and thioridazine
- Medicine prescribed for psychiatric disorders, including pimozide, haloperidol, thioridazine and chlorpromazine
- Anti-Malaria medication including halofantrine and chloroquine
- Macrolide antibiotics