Xtandi is an androgen inhibitor that is used to treat prostate cancer in men only. Xtandi can cause birth defects hence a person under Xtandi medication should ensure birth control measures are in place to avoid pregnancy occurrence. Use of Xtandi can also lead to seizures as well as trigger spinal cord problems.
Xtandi Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Xtandi Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Xtandi also referred to as Enzalutamide works by preventing the action of the male hormone, androgen. Xtandi antagonizes androgen receptors leading to a decrease in levels of prostate-specific antigen serum. It is used specifically for castration- resistant prostate cancer treatment. Xtandi can also be used to alleviate other conditions not mentioned here where it is deemed a viable option by a medical doctor. Xtandi is strictly a drug for men but due to its ability to cause deformity in unborn babies, birth control is advised for the period of the drug administration. Xtandi use can result in seizures and spinal cord problems hence the doctor should be consulted in case of such history or symptoms as early as possible.
- Xtandi helps to treat prostate cancer
Xtandi dosage is strictly as advised by a doctor. No dose alterations should be done without the doctor"s notification or extension of the prescription period.
- Xtandi can be taken with or without meals but should be at the same time each day
- The Xtandi capsules should be swallowed whole and not crushed
- Sometimes Xtandi may be prescribed together with other medication to simultaneously treat prostate cancer as instructed by a doctor
- Take a missed dose if you remember early on the same day but you can skip if you remember when it is almost time for the next day"s dose
- No extra medicine is required to cater for a missed dose
Immediate medical attention is required in case of an overdose. Avoid activities that require alertness after Xtandi use due to dizziness and risk of seizures. The drugs should be stored in a cool dry place.
Xtandi Side Effects
Allergic reactions to Xtandi use may include hives, difficult breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat. Xtandi use should be stopped in case of any of the following:
- Severe low back pain, trouble walking or standing up
- Pain or weakness in your lower body, severe and worsening numbness
- Sudden loss of bladder or bowel control
- cough with yellow or green mucus
- stabbing chest pain
- wheezing or impaired breathing
- Red or pink urine
- High blood pressure
Some common side effects from Xtandi use include:
- sleep problems
- Feeling weak or tired
- Back pain, joint or muscle pain, muscle weakness
- burning pain, or prickly feeling under your skin
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing and sore throat
Seizures may result from simultaneous use of Xtandi together with other seizure causing drugs such as antidepressant, asthma medication, birth control pills or hormone supplements, oral diabetes drugs, steroids and mental health drugs. Some of the known drugs that may react with Xtandi include:
- Blood thinner such as warfarin, Coumadin
- Herbal products
- HIV/AIDS medication
- Medicine for narcolepsy
- Medicine to prevent organ transplant rejection
- Seizure medication
- Tuberculosis medication
Always inform the doctor of any drugs you are using before Xtandi prescription.