There are several healthcare assistance programs that are available for those who have financial needs and are uninsured. Knowing about these options enables one to find the best and most affordable healthcare for your situation. The most common healthcare assistance programs are Medicaid and Hospital care assistance:
Medicaid is a federally-funded program administered by Medicaid offices in each state. U.S. citizens eligible for Medicaid are 65 years of age or older, have certain disabilities, or meet income guidelines. Pregnant women and children may also be eligible for Medicaid. Medicare – this is a federal health insurance program that includes coverage options for prescription drugs, hospital visits, and doctor services. Medicare is for all eligible U.S. citizens.
To qualify for Hospital care assistance, you must have little or no insurance. Certain hospitals are expected by law to provide free medical care to people who are income-eligible.
Some key facts about the uninsured in America:
- The number of uninsured people increases during recessionary periods when people lose their jobs.
- Expansion of Medicaid eligibility and the establishment of Health Insurance Marketplaces has helped expand coverage to millions of currently uninsured people.
- The reason that many people go without insurance is due to the high cost of insurance. Also, the gaps in eligibility for public coverage has left many people without an affordable option.
- Many people who are insured are in low-income working families.
- People without insurance coverage get worse care than people who are insured.
- People who are uninsured are less likely than those who have insurance to receive services and preventive care for chronic diseases and major health conditions.
- Those who are uninsured often face unaffordable medical bills when they seek medical care. These bills can quickly become medical debt since most of those people who are uninsured have moderate or low incomes and have little savings.
Pharmacy Coupons can help those people who are uninsured to access prescription drugs at great discounts. Pharmacy Coupons can offer up to 80% off on those prescription drugs. Pharmacy Coupons offers and those who are uninsured a chance to save on their hard-earned money while still accessing their needed prescription drugs. It is free, and no registration required to join Pharmacy Coupons.