Generic Name(s): Lapatinib
Drug Class: Cancer
Treats: Breast Cancer
Overview Tykerb, medically known as Lapatinib, is a drug meant for those with advanced breast cancer. In other words, the drug is used to control breast cancer which has already begun to spread out to other parts of the body. Tykerb is usually deemed necessary when all other breast cancer drugs tend to be ineffective or futile. The drug works by destroying and eventually killing cancer cells hence preventing further spread.
Tykerb Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Tykerb Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Tykerb has some curative properties which are mainly aimed at inhibiting the spread of breast cancer to other parts. The drug is majorly used in combination therapy in cases of HER2-positive breast cancer. In short, the drug works effectively in treating metastatic breast cancer which tends to overexpress HER2. Aside from barring the spread of cancer, Tykerb also works positively in killing cells that are already infected. It also inhibits and reduces pain which comes along with breast cancer.
The amount of Tykerb to be consumed depends on the current stage of breast cancer. The amount taken at initial stages of breast cancer may not be the same at the amount taken at the advanced stage of the same. Speak to your doctor for more dosage instructions.
- This is basically the metastatic stage of breast cancer
- At this juncture, the patient is supposed to consume 5 tablets, which is equivalent to 1250 mg of Tykerb
- This should be done orally for 21 days continuously
- It is advised that you take the drug alongside Capecitabine
- If, by any chance, a single dose is missed, the patient should not take a double dosage in the following day
Hormonal Receptor Positive:
- At this juncture, patients are advised to consume 1500 mg of Tykerb
- This should be done continuously until the doctor advises otherwise
- In most cases, medics recommend that Tykerb should be taken with Letrozole in the case of Hormonal Receptor Positive
NOTE: Tykerb should be consumed at least one hour before or after meals. This is to ensure utmost effectiveness of the drug soon after consumption.
Tykerb Side Effects
The truth of the matter is that Tykerb has a chain of side effects especially for people with other medical complications aside from cancer. It is advised that you consult a doctor at primary levels before taking Tykerb. Some of the side effects might aggravate to something even more serious if proper caution is not taken. Common side effects include:
- Chest Pain
- Tinged Urine
- Brown Colored Stool
- Chest tightness
- Fast Heartbeat
- Difficulties in Breathing
Most medications do not interact so well with Tykerb. This means that you should find time to seek information on the kind of drugs to avoid when prescribed to Tykerb. Among the common Tykerb interactions include:
- Cold Medicines
- Appetite Booster
- Food supplements
- Natural Herbs and antibiotics