Trileptal is an anti-epileptic used to control bouts of seizures during epilepsy. Trileptal works with the brain to decrease seizure inducing nerve impulses.Note, that Trileptal will not stop epilepsy as it will merely help, controls the amount of seizures had.
Trileptal Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Trileptal Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Trileptal is used in the treatment of seizures in epilepsy. Uncontrolled spreading of electrical activity in the brain is what leads to seizures. Trileptal works by controlling the electrical activity. It can be used alone, or in combination with other medication recommended for seizures.
Trileptal should be taken exactly as the doctor prescribed, follow the instruction that have been given on the prescription labeled on the prescription. There can be some instances that the doctor changes your dosage to ensure that you obtain the best results. Do not alter the recommended amount prolong the time you should take.
Take the medication with a full glass of water. The oral suspension should be shaken well before the dose is measured. To ensure that you have the right dosage use the syringe that is offered with this medication.
- For adults and teens over 17, begin your treatment with two dosages of 300mg a day. You doctor may adjust your dosage as needed
- For children 4-16, the dosage is based on the patient's body weight. However, usually, the dosage is 8-10mg per kg of the person's body weight.
- For children 2-4, the dosage is based on the patient's body weight. However, usually, the dosage is 8-10mg per kg of the person's body weight.
- Children younger than 2, usage and dosage, should be determined by a doctor's consultation
Trileptal Side Effects
One of the major side effects of Trileptal is the fact that it can reduce sodium in the body to a level that is dangerous. This imbalance of the electrolyte is life threatening. It is important to have check up's as often as possible if you are using this medication so as to monitor the level of sodium in the body. Other side effects include:
- Swollen glands
- Symptoms of flu
- Sores in both the mouth and throat
- Unusual bleeding of nose, mouth, rectumor vagina
- Spots on the skin
- Muscle weakness
- Tingling of the body
- Urinating less or not at all
- Stomach pain on the upper part
- Running short of breath
- Trouble concentrating
- Mental slowness
- Speech problem
- Problem with balance and walking
- Feeling tired
- Having blurred vision
- Shaking or tremors