Temozolomide is used to treat brain tumors in certain patients. The drug keeps brain tumors from growing larger by preventing cancer cells from reproducing. Some of the conditions for which it may be prescribed include, anaplastic astrocytoma, anaplastic oligodendroglioma, glioblastoma multiforme, and some forms of melanoma.
Temozolomide Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Temozolomide Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Temozolomide, when combined with radiation therapy, is used to treat particular types of brain cancers. By slowing down the cancerous cells from multiplying, Temozolomide can help stop the growth and spread of the cancer.
Below you will find the different types of conditions that can be treated by using Temozolomide:
- Brain tumors (glioblastoma and anaplastic astrocytoma)
Temozolomide dosage may differ depending on the individual taking it. The dosage may also change according to the medical condition it is being used to treat. Consult with your medical professional for the correct dosing. An average prescription of Temozolomide is below.
- Adults may initially take 150 mg per square meter of body surface area once per day, then take a maintenance dose of 200 mg/m2 daily. The treatment cycle last 28 days with the drug being taken on five consecutive days during that period. Blood tests are performed on Day 22 of the cycle, and if platelet counts are above an appropriate level, another round of therapy may be planned.
- Children three years of age or older follow the same protocol unless they"ve never had chemotherapy. In that case, they maintain a 200 mg/m2 dosage throughout the five days.
- Adults also undergoing radiotherapy will typically ingest 75 mg of the drug either orally or intravenously once a day for 42 days. If using only temozolomide, they will take 150 mg/m2 for five days with 23 days off.
- Children ages 3-12 will be prescribed the same dosage, unless they"ve never had chemotherapy, In that case, the dose is higher, at 200 mg/m2.
Temozolomide Side Effects
Temozolomide, like other prescription drugs, may come with side effects. The side effects may vary from individual to individual. If you experience any severe side effects while taking Temozolomide, consult with your doctor immediately.
Below you will find a list of possible Temozolomide drug interactions. Note, this list does not include all possible interactions. Temozolomide has known interactions with 33 drugs that are sold under 80 different brand names. Consult with your doctor before starting any new medication.