Risperdal is an antipsychotic medication that belongs to the chemical class of benzisoxazole derivatives. It is used in the treatment of schizophrenia, forms of bipolar disorder (manic depression) symptoms, including irritability symptoms in autistic disorder. Risperdal works as a psychotropic agent by affecting the mental activity of the brain, thereby altering the mood/behaviour of user.
Risperdal Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Risperdal Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Risperdal is approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration) for treating delusional psychosis like schizophrenia and some forms of bipolar disorder. Risperdal is a psychotropic medication that has the ability to affect the mind, emotions and behaviour of the user. As a result, it is used for maintenance treatment of psychotic depressions. The active ingredient of Risperdal is Risperidone. Risperdal is available as oral solution, orally disintegrating tablet, as well as oral tablet. Since Risperdal is atypical antipsychotic medicine, it is also used for treatment of:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Irritability in autistic children and adolescents due to autistic disorder
Risperdal is available as:
- Oral solution - 1MG/ML (Inactive ingredients: benzoic acid, tartaric acid, sodium hydroxide and purified water)
- Orally disintegrating oral tablet - 0.5MG, 1MG, 2MG, 3MG, 4MG
- Oral tablet - 0.25MG (dark yellow), 0.5MG (red-brown), 1MG (white), 2MG (orange), 3MG (yellow), 4MG (green)
In general, lower doses are prescribed for autistic spectrum disorders compared to schizophrenia and other forms of psychosis. If you miss a dose, do not take any extra dose to make up for it. If you think that you have overdosed, contact your doctor quickly. It is advisable not to give Risperdal to a child without a doctor"s advice. Risperidone, which is the active ingredient in Risperdal, is a white to slightly beige powder, which is practically insoluble in water. Do consult your doctor to know the correct dose for you. Risperdal is not approved for treatment of those patients who are suffering from dementia-related psychosis.
Risperdal Side Effects
Risperdal rarely has any serious allergic reaction. However, common side effects include: dizziness, dry mouth, sedation, insomnia and urinary retention. Some points to keep in mind:
- Before using Risperdal, do discuss with your doctor your medical history, especially if you are suffering from liver disease, kidney disease, Parkinson"s disease, difficulty swallowing, seizures, low white blood cell count or dementia
- Inform your doctor if either you or a family member suffers from high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol/triglyceride levels, obesity, heart disease
- Contact your doctor immediately, if you have any allergic reaction to Risperdal like difficulty breathing or swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, fever; stiff muscles; confusion; sweating; fast or uneven heartbeats; restless muscle movements in eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck; drooling, tremor (uncontrolled shaking); seizure (convulsions)
Before taking Risperdal, do inform your doctor about all the medicines and even herbal products you may be taking. The ingredient Risperidone in Risperdal can interact with: