Brand Name(s): RectaGel HC/rectal
Drug Class: Sterioid
Hydrocortisone is a steroid which reduces chemical actions in the body which cause inflammation.
Lidocaine is an anesthetic which works by blocking nerve signals in a persons body. Hydrocortisone and lidocaine skin ointment is used to treat itchy skin, which happens as a result of allergic reactions, eczema, insect bites and other skin conditions.
Rectagel HC is used as both a skin ointment and a rectal applicant
RectaGel HC/rectal Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons RectaGel HC/rectal Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
RectaGel HC/rectal Uses
RectaGel HC/rectal has a number of roles that it plays. However, all the roles played in this case are in relation to inflammation. The drug has the capacity to reduce inflammation which can in return lead to further complications. Rectagel HC/Rectal plays the following roles.
- Treating itchy skin
- Reducing action of chemicals in the body
- Blocking nerve signals in the body
- Treats itchiness or swelling caused by hemorrhoids or other rectal inflammatory conditions
- RectaGel HC however has conditions under which it should not be used . Some of these conditions are as shown ;
If one has a fungal skin infection, herpes simplex, chicken pox, tuberculosis, a heart rhythm problem, liver disease. For best rectal medication, make sure that you only use the applicator given by the physician.
RectaGel HC/rectal Dosage
RectaGel HC varies on dosage bearing in mind that adults and pediatrics take them hence the variation in dosage. Medication of the drug is as outlined below.
Adult dose is as shown :Apply a thin film to affected area depending on severity of the condition. The rectal dosage consists of applying gently into the anal area until all discomforted areas are covered.
Pediatric dosage includes applying an amount commensurate to age, weight, and condition of the affected area
- One does not necessarily have to be on a dosage schedule when using the RectaGel HC .
RectaGel HC/rectal Side Effects
Just like most anti-inflammatory drugs, there are a number of side effects to be expected as soon as you consumeRectaGel HC/rectal. Some of the side effects may be severe while others may be mild. It is always necessary to ensure that you understand all the possible side effects and avoid them where possible.
Rectagel HC/Rectal has some unadmirable effects which include
- Swelling of the lips , face tongue or throat
- Increased weight
- Rectal bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Swelling of the skin which may include reddening of the skin
- Thinning of treated skin
- Difficulty in breathing
- Menstrual problems may also occur
- Acne may also shoot up
- Loss of interest in sex
- Numbness on areas where the drug is accidentally applied
RectaGel HC/rectal Interactions
A total of about one hundred and sixty five drugs are known to interact with Rectagel HC . Some of this drugs are outlined below.
- Xigduo XR (dapagliflozin/metformin)
- Novolin L (insulin zinc)
- Orinase (tolbutamide)
- Kazano (alogliptin/metformin)
- Avandia (rosiglitazone)
- Glucotrol XL (glipizide)
- Humalog mix 75/25 (insulin lispro/insulin lispro protamine)
- Insulin pork mix (insulin isophane/insulin regular)J
- Januvia (sitagliptin)
- Relion Novolin 70/30 Innolet(insulin isophane/insulin regular)
- Lantus Solostar(insulin glargine)
RectaGel HC(hydrocortisone/lidocaine topical) is also known to interact with a range of diseases which include;
- Diaper rash
- Ocular toxicities