Generic Name(s): guaifenesin/dextromethorphan hbr/pseudoephedrine hcl
Drug Class: Upper respiratory combination
Treats: Sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, cough
Quala-Tla is a combination of products that is used to treat symptoms caused by the common cold, flu, allergies, hay fever, sinusitis, and bronchitis. Quala-Tla works by killing the causative agents of these infections. It can also be used as a cough suppressant that affects a certain part of the brain, reducing the urge to cough.
Quala-Tla Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Quala-Tla Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Guaifenesin, the generic name for Quala-Tla, is an expectorant that aids in thinning and loosening mucus in the lungs. This makes it easier to cough up the mucus.It can also be used as a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passage, and it can be used as a cough suppressant. Quala-Tla is used to treat all of the following:
- Running or stuffy nose
- Watery eye caused by allergies or the common cold
Depending on the health condition of the patient, doses will vary for Quala-Tla.Below you will find the standard dosages for Quala-Tla.
Adult Dose for Cough and Nasal Congestion:
- Take 5 to 40 mL orally every 4 to 6 hours each day.
Pediatric Dose for Cough and Nasal Congestion:
- 2 - 5 years: Take 1.25 to 2.5 mL orally every 4 to 6 hours, and do not exceed 10 mL per day.
- 6 - 11 years: Take 2.5 to 5 mL orally every 4 to 6 hours, and do not exceed 20 mL per day.
- 12 years and older: Take 5 to 10 mL orally every 4 to 6 hours, and do not exceed 40 mL daily.
Quala-Tla Side Effects
Side effects caused by Quala-Tla range from mild to severe, depending on the health condition of the patient. A few patients have reported cases of serious side effects after using Quala-Tla. Seek medical attention as soon as possible when you experience any of the following serious side effects fromQuala-Tla:
- Pounding heartbeats
- Severe anxiety
- Painful urination
- Little or no urinating
- Dangerously high blood pressure
- Uneven heartbeats
Common side effects include:
- Mood changes
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
Drug interactions with Quala-Tla may change how it works and can result in different side effects in the body. Discuss with your doctor about any allergic symptoms to Quala-Tla to avoid further interaction. Also, disclose all the medications you use or planning to use to your doctor for preventive measures. Drugs that interact with Quala-Tla include:
- Anticholinergic drugs (e.g. benztropine and belladonna alkaloids)
- Antihistamines (e.g. diphenhydramine)
- Beta-blockers (e.g. metoprolol and atenolol)
- Certain inhaled anesthetics (e.g. halothane)
- Narcotic antagonists (e.g. naltrexone and naloxone)
- Tricyclic antidepressants (e.g. amitriptyline and desipramine)