Generic Name(s): dexamethasone
Drug Class: Glucocorticoids
Treats: Multiple Sclerosis, Inflammation, swelling of vocal cord, Progressive Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma, asthma
Primethasone is a steroid that blocks the release of chemical substances in the body that bring about inflammation. Primethasone belongs to a class of drugs glucocorticoids. Primethasone treats allergic disorders, arthritis, skin conditions, blood cell disorders, leukemia, endocrine disorders, breathing disorders, lupus, psoriasis and ulcerative colitis.
Primethasone Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Primethasone Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Primethasone lowers the itching, swelling and the skin redness that occur as a result of skin diseases. It also tests for an adrenal gland disorder, the Cushing"s syndrome. Primethasone treats an array of body disorders. Primethasone treats:
- blood diseases
- skin conditions
- various allergic reactions
Certain skin conditions, for example, eczema causes patches on the skin that become inflamed with blisters and also become rough which results in bleeding and itching. Dermatitis, also a skin condition causes inflammation due to allergic reactions or irritation. The disorders causes body discomfort due to increased itching and rash that open ways for further skin infections. Primethasone amends these disorders.
The following details indicate the average Primethasone dosage that most healthcare providers give to their patients. Follow your doctor"s directions and orders as stated on the label. If you find your dosage different, do not start, stop or even change taking it unless instructed by your health care provider.
The usual Primethasone dosage is as follows:
- Acute mountain sickness, asthma, croup and anti-inflammatory dosage
- The usual dose is 0.75- mg a day in portioned dosages after every 6-12 hours.
Cerebral edema dosage
- The initial dose is 10 mg once followed by 4 mg after every 6 hours.
- Take 0.5 mg orally after every 6-48 hours.
Primethasone Side Effects
Primethasone medications can have its unwanted effects. Any unlikely situation that you might experience, immediately seek medical attention. It is advisable to see a healthcare professional as soon as possible in any case of side effects.
The more common side effects of Primethasone are:
- Aggression, agitation, anxiety, dizziness
- blurred vision, decrease urine amount
- fast, irregular heartbeat or pulse
- headache, irritability
- mental depression, mood changes
- nervousness, noisy, rattling breathing
- pounding ears, shortness of breath
- trouble thinking, walking or speaking
- troubled breathing at rest, weight gain
Incidence not known
- Severe abdominal cramping
- abdominal pain, backache
- bloody, black, or tarry stools
- cough or hoarseness, darkening of skin
- decrease in height or vision
- diarrhea, dry mouth, eye pain, eye tearing
- facial hair growth in females
- fainting, fatigue, fever or chills
- flushed, dry skin, fractures, fruit-like breath odor
- increased hunger, thirst, and urination
There are likely drug interactions with Primethasone. Don’t start, stop or even change taking the medication with the prescribed dosage without consulting your healthcare provider. Some medicines that can cause severe interaction with Primethasone include:
- azithromycin / trovafloxacin, Bosulif (bosutinib), bosutinib, Brilinta (ticagrelor)
- dulaglutide, Dymelor (acetohexamide), empagliflozin, Humalog (insulin lispro)
- Budeprion (bupropion), Cancidas (caspofungin), caspofungin, certolizumab
- Cimzia (certolizumab), Glynase PresTab (glyburide), Cinobac (cinoxacin), cinoxacin, Cipro (ciprofloxacin)
- Diabinese (chlorpropamide), Duetact (glimepiride / pioglitazone)
- exenatide, Exubera , Glyset (miglitol), liraglutide