Generic Name(s): prenatal multivitamins
Drug Class: Iron products, Vitamin and mineral combinations
Treats: vitamin, mineral deficiency
Primacare is a prenatal mineral and vitamin combinations used during, before and after pregnancy to assist in providing proper nutrition. Generically they are prenatal vitamins that belong to the drug class iron products, vitamin and mineral combinations. Primacare supplies minerals and vitamins required during pregnancy.
Primacare Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Primacare Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Primacare are vitamins. Vitamins act as an essential body building blocks and assist keep one in good health. In pregnant women, lack of these minerals and vitamins can cause spinal cord defects; therefore, these women should maintain enough folic acid levels either through supplements or diet.
- vitamin deficiency in your body
- mineral deficiency in your body.
The defects occur due to poor diet, during pregnancy or particular illnesses. Inadequate minerals in the body lead to severe defects and increased cases of diseases as body processes slow.
Below is the required dosage used by most doctors to give Primacare to their patients. Depending on your medical history and condition, the healthcare provider may prescribe a different regimen. Don't start, stop or even change the prescribed drugs without medical consultation.
The usual pregnancy/lactation Primacare dosage is as follows:
Prenatal vitamin oral kit:
- Take one soft gel capsule and one tablet per day
Primacare oral bar, capsule or tablet:
- Take one bar, tablet or capsule a day.
Prenatal multivitamins with folic acid of 0.5 mg:
- Take two tablets orally per day or one tablet orally twice a day.
Primacare Side Effects
There are various side effects associated with Primacare, and in case of these side effects show themselves; it is recommended to see a healthcare provider or a pharmacist as soon as possible. A patient may experience pain at the injection site or may have the feeling of vomiting. Some serious side effects associated with Primacare are:
The common side effects are:
- darkened or green stools
- loss of appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain, cramps or upset
Severe Side Effects include:
- Rash, hives or itching;
- difficulty breathing;
- tight chest;
- mouth, face, lips, or tongue swelling
- black, tarry stools;
- blood in the stools;
- persistent nausea or stomach pain,
- blood-like vomit
There are likely drug interactions with Primacare. You should not start or stop using Primacare or even opt to change the prescribed drugs without seeking consultation from your healthcare provider. Some of the medications that cause severe interaction with Primacare are:
- Aciphex Sprinkle (rabeprazole), Acticlate (doxycycline), Actisite (tetracycline)
- Actonel (risedronate)
- Adalat (nifedipine), benzthiazide, bepridil, Betapace (sotalol)
- betaxololbisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide, Blocadren (timolol), Boniva (ibandronate)
- bortezomib, Brodspec (tetracycline), Cotazym-S (pancrelipase), Coumadin (warfarin)
- Covera-HS (verapamil), D-Cal (calcium carbonate), Declomycin (demeclocycline)
- deferiprone, demeclocycline, Demi-Regroton (chlorthalidone / reserpine)
- Depen (penicillamine), Creon (pancrelipase),Cuprimine (penicillamine)
- Caduet (amlodipine / atorvastatin), Calci-Chew (calcium carbonate)
- Calcio Del Mar ( vitamin d), Calcitab (calcium carbonate)