Generic Name(s): Prednisolone
Drug Class: Corticosteroids
Treats: Inflammation, tumor, swelling, allergies, blood disorder, skin disease, respiratory tract disease, gastrointestinal disorder, conjunctivitis, collagen disease
Prelone is a corticosteroid that is used to treat a wide range of conditions including some eye diseases, collagen diseases, arthritis, breathing problems, skin conditions, intestinal problems, blood problems, swelling, cancer and allergies. Prelone works by changing how the body's immune system responds to various conditions and inflammation.
Prelone Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Prelone Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Prelone works by decreasing the body's immune system response to various conditions. This helps in reducing symptoms such as inflammation, pain and allergy-type symptoms. Prelone uses are:
- Breathing problems- these are conditions that are affect the lungs and make it hard for a person to breathe. Swellings filled with fluid occur in the air ducts restricting air flow.
- Skin conditions- these are conditions that affect the skin and are characterized by symptoms such as rashes, itchiness, redness, swelling, patches, scales and scabs.
- Severe allergies- these are conditions that are as a result of the body's overreaction to normal stimuli. Allergies are characterized by symptoms such as watery eyes, sneezing, swelling of the face and arms and troubled breathing.
The Prelone dosage varies depending on the condition it is treating. Consult your doctor for the correct dosage amounts for your sitation. Adult Prelone dose for multiple sclerosis:
- 200mg daily for 7 days followed by 80mg daily for 30 days
Adult Prelone dose for inflammation:
- 5mg to 60mg divided to be taken 4 times a day
Pediatric Prelone dose for asthma:
- 2mg/kg per day for 3 to 5 days. Dose to be divided to twice a day
Pediatric Prelone dose for immunosuppression:
- 1-2mg/kg taken twice a day for up to 5 days
The patient's dose should be adjusted according to his/her response to Prelone and the severity of the condition being treated.
Prelone Side Effects
Prelone is known to cause a number of side effects in its patients. Some of these side effects are mild, while others are severe. A few of these side effects are rare, while the rest are common. Side effects experienced by patients taking Prelone are:
- Changes in mood
- Noisy breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Blurry vision
- Mental depression
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of face, arms, legs and feet
- Trouble thinking and walking
- Weight gain
- Decreased amount of urine
It should be noted that not all the side effects associated with Prelone have been listed above.
Patients should exercise caution when taking other drugs while on Prelone. Drugs are known to interact with one another, often causing severe or life threatening side effects. If a patient needs to take a new drug while still taking Prelone, he/she should consult with a doctor before doing so. If possible, patients should complete their Prelone dosage before taking anything new. Drugs that interact with Prelone are:
Not all the drugs that interact with Prelone have been listed above.