Generic Name(s): penicillin G benzathine
Drug Class: Penicillin antibiotics
Treats: Rheumatic fever, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) such as yaws, syphilis, pinta, bejel, cholera, rheumatic heart disease
Permapen Isoject is a long-acting natural penicillin antibiotic. Permapen Isoject is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. Permapen Isoject can also be used to prevent certain bacterial infections such as rheumatic fever. Permapen Isoject works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Permapen Isoject Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Permapen Isoject Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Permapen Isoject Uses
Permapen Isoject is used to kill susceptible bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of formation of bacteria cell wall. This medication treats mildly to moderate upper respiratory tract infections that are caused by susceptible species of the streptococci bacteria. Permapen Isoject can also be used to treat sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) such as:
Permapen Isoject also prevents the recurrence of cholera and rheumatic fever. It can also be used as follow-up prophylactic therapy for acute glomerulonephritis and rheumatic heart disease. Permapen Isoject treats infections caused by penicillin G-sensitive microorganisms that are vulnerable to the low and prolonged serum levels mutual to this particular dosage form.
Permapen Isoject Dosage
Below you will find the basic dosage that is used by most physicians to give Permapen Isoject to their patients. However, depending on your medical history or condition, a physician might prescribe a different regimen. You should not change your dosage, stop, or start taking your medication without consulting your health provider. Your Permapen Isoject dosage will be administered by your doctor or a health professional.
- The usual starting dosage for adults is a single injection of 1,200,000 units
- The usual starting dosage for older pediatric patients is a single injection of 900,000 units
- The usual dosage for infants and pediatric patients under 60 lbs is 300,000 to 600,000 units
- ;The basic dosage for syphilis in Primary, secondary, and latent is 2,400,000 units that are one dose and for late that is tertiary and neurosyphilis is 2,400,000 units at 7-day intervals for three doses
Permapen Isoject Side Effects
There are side effects that are associated with Permapen Isoject, and in case these side effects show themselves, see a healthcare provider or a pharmacist soonest possible. A patient might experience pain at the injection site or may feel like vomiting. Below you will find a list of side effects associated with Permapen Isoject. Note that not all possible side effects are listed here.
Some serious side effects associated with Permapen Isoject include:
- Shortness of breath, joint/muscle pain
- Severe pain/peeling skin at the injection site
- Dizziness, change in the amount of urine
- Vision changes, swelling of arms or legs/ redness/pain
- Fast/slow/pounding heartbeat, uncontrolled movements
- Numbness/tingling of arms/legs, inability to move
- Change in skin color near the injection site or on arms/legs
Very serious side effects of Permapen Isoject are:
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Slurred speech
Permapen Isoject Interactions
Like any drug, Permapen Isoject may interact with other drugs and substances. Drug interactions change how the medications work and increase the risk of getting serious side effects. There are possible drug interactions with Permapen Isoject. You should not stop, change or stop the dosage prescribed by your healthcare provider without consulting them. Some of the medications that can cause severe interactions with Permapen Isoject include the following. Note that not all possible interactions are listed.
- Rheumatrex Dose Pack (methotrexate)
- Methotrexate LPF Sodium (methotrexate)
- Folex PFS (Methotrexate)
- Rasuvo (methotrexate)
- Acticlate (doxycycline), Adoxa CK (doxycycline), Adoxa (doxycycline)
- Actisite (tetracycline), Ala-Tet (tetracycline)
- Adoxa TT (doxycycline), Alesse (Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)
- Alesse-21 (Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel), Alimta (pemetrexed)
- Alesse-28 (Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel), Alodox (doxycycline)
- Anisindione, Apri (Desogestrel / Ethinyl Estradiol)
- colchicine/ probenecid, Dynabac (dirithromycin)
- Colestid (colestipol), azithromycin / trovafloxacin