Brand Name(s): metrazol, pentetrazol
Drug Class: circulatory and respiratory stimulant
Treats: Blood pressure, respiratory tract infections
Pentylenetetrazole is a special medication that is used as a circulatory and respiratory stimulant. The drug can be used to treat a broad range of respiratory and circulatory disorders. It can be used to successfully regulate both low and high blood pressure. Pentylenetetrazole is prescribed to patients that have been diagnosed with other circulatory or respiratory disorders.
Pentylenetetrazole Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Pentylenetetrazole Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Pentylenetetrazole is a medication that is prescribed to patients that have been diagnosed with either respiratory or circulatory disorders. For the circulatory disorders, Pentylenetetrazole can be used in treating or controlling the both high and low blood pressure in the body. It does this by dilating or constricting blood vessel depending on the condition the patient is suffering.;
As a respiratory stimulant, it can be used in treating respiratory tract infections. It is very effective in treating bacterial and protozoal infections. Pentylenetetrazole can also be used in treating other medical condition as prescribed by the physician.
Conditions that Pentylenetetrazole can treat
- Regulating blood pressure
- Regulating rhythm disorders associated with the heart
- Respiratory tract bacterial and protozoal infections.
Pentylenetetrazole should be used exactly specified by the physician. The manufacturer also provides clear guidelines on the package dictating how it should be used. This is one type of drug that can treat a broad range of disorders and thus its dosage should be taken carefully. The drug can be administered intravenous and rarely orally.
Usual adult dosage
- Circulation stimulation; there is no amount that has been establish for this. The amount is mostly determined by the severity of the condition that the patient is in.
- Respiratory bacterial infections; a loading dose of 15mg/kg IV and a maintenance dose of 7.5 mg/kg every 6 hours.
Usual pediatric dosage:
- Pentylenetetrazole is not safe for the children and if it is to prescribed to them, a certified physician is the only one that can determine the right dose.
Pentylenetetrazole Side Effects
A majority of medicines can be associated with certain side effects. Some may be fatal while others can be minor, but it is important to get medical attention if you start developing some problems while using Pentylenetetrazole. Some of these side effects may begin immediately while some can sometimes take before they start to show up.
Common side effects:
- A running nose
- Swollen or tender neck glands
- Body pains or aches
- Redness or flushing of the skin especially around the neck and face
- A feel of illness and discomfort
Severe side effects
- Sleeping problems
- Muscle pain among many more side effects.
- Chest pains
- Unusual weakness or tiredness
Pentylenetetrazole does interact with other drugs and is recommended to tell your healthcare professional if you are using any other drug. Some of the interactions that have been selected are potentially significant and, therefore, may not be recommended .it is important to let your doctor know if you are taking other medication.
Some of these drugs that interact with Pentylenetetrazole include: