Premenstrual Syndrome is the physical and psychological symptoms which occur between one to two weeks before a woman’s period begins and can last through her period. PMS symptoms include cramps, mood swings, irritability, indigestion, headache or a backache, sadness, bloating, carb cravings, swollen or tender breasts, and sleep problems. The symptoms usually disappear when you start bleeding.
All women are different. Most of them have experienced those (PMS) symptoms to some level, at some point. But not all get the same symptoms, some differ in severity between women, and even from month to month.
Around 75%* of menstruating women have some symptoms of PMS occasionally while 5% report symptoms that are dangerous enough to mess up most of their month. The primary cause of PMS is not precisely known, but it is thought to be related to changes in hormones during the menstrual cycle.
Although many prefer to take pain medication while PMSing, there are many women who prefer to deal with the pain. But there are natural ways to ease your PMS symptoms, and we categorized them down to four simple lifestyle tweaks.
Natural Remedies For PMS
- Avoid polyunsaturated omega-6 fats in large amounts such as vegetable oil, peanut oil, and margarine. The body is not meant to consume man-made fats found in vegetable oils because they contain high levels of polyunsaturated fats, and they have replaced many of unsaturated fats in our diet. Therefore, they can cause inflammation and interfere with hormonal production.
- Also, avoid chemicals in food and household. Toxins that are present in processed foods, pesticides, plastics, and household chemicals contain hormone irritating chemicals which mimic hormones in the body and hence keep the body from producing essential hormones.
- Eat right kinds of fats such as quality organic meats, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. They help in boosting proper hormone production. Coconut oil is mostly preferred for hormone health because it provides the major building blocks for hormone production, aid in weight loss, reduce inflammation, and even has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- MACA – As a tuber it has been used for centuries to boost hormone production. Many women notice less PMS, increased fertility, and improved skin. They also use it for menstrual problems and symptoms of menopause. Maca as a natural remedy is usually effective for PMS.
- MAGNESIUM, CALCIUM, AND VITAMIN B6 – The combination of the three provide positive results for pain, mood, and general PMS symptoms. Magnesium specifically is helpful for PMS symptoms and menstrual cramping.
- GINKGO – It is also helpful for PMS symptoms, specifically in fluid retention and breast tenderness.
- LEMON BALM – It has been used for hundreds of years for its calming effects and helps with PMS-related anxiety and insomnia.
- BLACK COHOSH – It is mostly used as a relief for menopausal symptoms, and is an amazing herb for PMS, especially when it comes to treating irritability and insomnia.
If you experience hormonal imbalance, extended intense exercise can worsen the problem. Moderate exercise is encouraged because it discharges stress and prevents pressure from building up and interfering with our moods. Moderate physical exercise even if it is jogging, maintains a healthy heart, prevents cancer, keeps your mind sharp and definite, keeps your bones and muscles fit and healthy, maintains a healthy metabolism, and it also prevents and relieve PMS.
The most important thing is to get started even if it is a 20-25 minute walk around the neighborhood. Look for a company who can motivate you, since it is easy to procrastinate until the next day. Alternatively, you can enroll for a gym or take up jogging but don’t overdo it. Just avoid sitting still, and hence by doing so you will provide your PMS cure.
Lack of enough sleep leads to hormonal imbalance. Sleep is a hormone-dependent process, and this is why when there is a change in hormones they usually have an effect on sleep. Many women don’t get enough sleep of about 7-9 hours which is the most significant healthcare investment.
After moderate exercise, all of us are meant to sleep in a completely dark environment without distractions.
Good sleep hormone production depends on proper hormone function during hours that you are awake. The endocrine system is a complete system. Hence, hormone imbalances can often lead to poor sleep and hormone balance it often leads to good sleep, which is also a cure for PMS.
If your period pain is too intense and the natural remedies do not work for you, speak to your doctor to see what the recommend.
Generic Name(s): Acetaminophen/Caffeine/Pyrilamine
Drug Class: Analgesic combinations
Treats: Menstrual cramps
From the generic name of Midol menstrual complete, it can be seen that this drug is composed of three active and major ingredients which include Acetaminophen, Caffeine, and Pyrilamine. All these ingredients contribute to the functioning of Midol menstrual complete. This drug is distributed by Bayer. Each ingredient in the drug falls under a different class but all reinforce each other to achieve the desired effects.
Midol Menstrual Complete Discount Coupon – Save Up To 89%* Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Midol Menstrual Complete Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 89%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Midol Menstrual Complete Manufacturer Savings Programs
In order to ensure they do not spend more on this drug, the patients should take advantage of the existing saving plan on this drug, featuring attractive discounts per quantity bought.
View Midol Menstrual Complete Manufacturer Rebates
Midol Menstrual Complete Uses
Midol menstrual complete is primarily used for relief of symptoms associated with monthly periods in females. On that note, the drug helps alleviate and control symptoms such as headaches, muscle aches, bloating, cramps and temporary water weight gain. Midol Menstrual Complete is categorized as an analgesic and diuretic combination. Therefore, it works by increasing the pain threshold of the pain and decreasing water-weight gain resulting from menstrual periods. It contains a unique combination of a maximum strength pain reliever, a diuretic to help relieve bloating and caffeine to help fight fatigue. Midol Complete Caplets help you get rid of symptoms associated with menstruation so you can get on with your life. Relieves cramps, bloating, fatigue, backache and headache. Although primarily a menstrual relief product, over the years many men have come to appreciate the pain relieving properties of Midol.
- Menstrual Cramps
Midol Menstrual Complete Dosage
As had been hinted, Midol menstrual complete doses often come in caplet forms and administered by mouth. The dosage prescriptions must be individualized based on the condition at hand and the health status of the patient. Here are some general guidelines to the dosages of Midol menstrual complete.
- Composition of Midol menstrual complete by ratio is 500mg of Acetaminophen, 60mg Of caffeine and 15 mg of pyrilamine maleate.
- The recommended adult dose prescription is 2 caplets after every 4 hours as directed by the doctor. The doses can be taken with or without water according to the expert directions given.
- Despite the seriousness of the condition, the patient is warned against exceeding the stipulated maximum of 8 caplets per day since it is very hazardous.
If the symptoms persist, kindly but urgently seek medical redress.
Midol Menstrual Complete Side Effects
In addition to the mild drug-specific side effects, improper usage of Midol menstrual complete, for example overdose, can also induce additional side effects to the user. Find some of the side effects below:
- Chest discomfort
- Swelling of the face or lips
- Dark urine
- Irregular pulse
- Skin irritation
Midol Menstrual Complete Interactions
Midol menstrual complete interacts with a range of substances and conditions. Some of these interactions may be fatal while some may just be mild. The patient should seek a doctor’s advice before undergoing the therapy involving Midol menstrual complete. Here are some interactions of Midol menstrual complete.