Generic Name(s): Aluminum/Magnesium/Simethicone
Drug Class: Antacid
Treats: Heartburn, Stomach Upset, Acid Indigestion
Mylanta Liquid is a nonprescription drug that is used to treat the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux. Mylanta Liquid is a combination of three active ingredients: Aluminium Hydroxide (200 mg), Simethicone (20 mg), and Magnesium Hydroxide(200mg). Mylanta Liquid works on existing acid in your stomach; however, this medication does not prevent further acid production.
Mylanta Liquid Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Mylanta Liquid Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Mylanta Liquid Uses
Mylanta Liquid is used treat the symptoms ofexcess stomach acid as this medication works by reducing the acid in the stomach. This medication may be used with other medications (e.g. H2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors) in order to reduce acid production more effectively. Mylanta Liquid is taken by mouth, as it is needed. Before using, you should shake the bottle each time and take it without any other liquids.
Mylanta Liquid is used to reduce the following symptoms:
- Acid indigestion
- Acid Reflux
- Sour stomach
- Upset stomach
Mylanta Liquid Dosage
Mylanta Liquid is taken by adults and children over 12 years old at the onset of symptoms. Commonly, Mylanta Liquid is taken at bedtime and after meals or as it is prescribed by your doctor.
- The common dosage recommendation for adults and children over 12 is between two to four 5ml teaspoons.
- The doses should be administered every 4-6 hours maximum four times in a 24 hour period.
Mylanta Liquid Side Effects
The active ingredients of Mylanta Liquid _ simethicone, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, may cause the following side effects:
More rarely, Mylanta Liquid may cause severe allergic reactions:
- Swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, or lips
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle weakness
- Slow reflexes
Mylanta Liquid Interactions
Although Mylanta Liquid is a nonprescription medicine, it may have drug, food and medical interactions. Note, not all interactions have been listed here.
- tetracycline antibiotics
- citrates and aluminum-containing products (like phosphate and antacids binders), which can cause toxicity.
- Citric acid and citrates are components of various soft drinks, juices, citrus fruits, and effervescent forms of drugs.
- Mylanta Liquid may cause severe health problems to patients with renal insufficiency and cause encephalopathy and encephalopathy.