Motrin (ibuprofen) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It functions by reducing hormones that cause pain and inflammation in the body. Motrin is used to lessen fever and treat inflammation or pain caused by numerous conditions such as toothache, back pain, headache, menstrual cramps, arthritis, or minor injury.
Motrin Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Motrin Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Motrin Manufacturer Savings Programs
Motrin offers a variety of coupons for their products. Savings may vary, but you can save at least $1 on your drugs by checking this link.
View Motrin Manufacturer Rebates
Ibuprofen (Motrin) is used to relieve aches from certain conditions such as muscle aches, dental pain, arthritis, headache, or menstrual cramps. It is as well used to lessen fever and to relieve pain and minor aches due to the flu or common cold. Motrin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It functions by obstructing your body's production of various natural substances that induce inflammation. This effect aids to lessen swelling, fever, or aches. Below you will find the uses of Motrin.
Use Motrin precisely as prescribed by your doctor, or as guided on the label. Don't use in smaller or larger amounts or for a longer than recommended period. Do not use more Motrin than is recommended. An overdose of Motrin can cause harm to your intestines or stomach.
- The maximum quantity of Motrin for adults is 3200 mg in a day (4 maximum doses) or 800 mg per dose. Simply use the smallest quantity of Motrin required to get relief from your fever, swelling, or pain.
- Take Motrin with milk or food to lessen stomach distress. Shake the oral liquid (suspension) well just before you start measuring your dose.
- To ensure you get the accurate dose, measure the liquid with a marked medicine cup or measuring spoon, not with a common table spoon. If you don't have a dose-measuring instrument, request one from your pharmacist.
Motrin Side Effects
Get emergency medical assistance if any of the following signs of an allergic response to ibuprofen show up: swelling of your lips, face, throat, or tongue, hives and difficulty in breathing. Stop using Motrin and call your doctor or seek medical attention at once if any of the listed side effects below show up.
- Chest pain, weakness, problems with balance or vision, slurred speech, shortness of breath
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools, coughing up vomit or blood that appears like coffee grounds
- Swelling and quick weight gain
- Urinating less than normal
- Nausea, itching, dark urine, loss of appetite, clay-colored stools
- Fever, headache with a grave blistering, sore throat, and red skin rash
Less severe Motrin side effects could include:
- Upset stomach, diarrhea, mild heartburn and constipation
- Bloating, gas
- Dizziness, headache, nervousness
- Skin rash or itching
- Blurred vision
- Ringing ears
Most of the drugs we use to interact with others. Therefore, before taking Motrin, it is wise to let you doctor know the kind of medication you are using. Especially the following listed drugs, which may cause severe reactions.
- Lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid)
- Diuretics (water pills) like furosemide (Lasix)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall)
- Steroids (prednisone and others)
- Blood thinners
However this least is not conclusive of all the drugs that interact with Motrin since many drugs are still being manufactured. It is important that you keep checking to stay up-to-date with the drugs that interact with Motrin.