Mitigare is a medication that reacts with beta-tubulin and used in the treatment of gout flares in adults. This is manifested by the medication"s reaction with certain proteins in the body to repress the symptoms caused by gout. Mitigare capsule contains Colchicine which is alkaloid ingredient that isobtained from the plantcolchicum autumnale.
Mitigare Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Mitigare Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Mitigare is a prescription medicine that prevents gout flares in adults and used in the treatment of acute gout flares occurrence. This medication may also be used in the treatment of conditions such as:
- Familial Mediterranean fever
- Inflammation of the Covering of the Heart or Pericardium
Mitigare is not an analgesic medication and should not be used to treat pain caused by other conditions unless prescribed by a qualified physician for those conditions. It has not been defined clearly if this medication is safe for use with effective results when administered to children. Colchicine alkanoid an ingredient in Mitigare capsule works effectively in treatment due to its ability to block neutrophil-mediated inflammatory responses stimulated by monosodium urate crystals in synovial fluid.
This medication is administered orally with or without food according to the exact prescribed dosage by your physician or health provider.
- The recommended dosage of Mitigare for prophylaxis of gout flares is 0.6 mg once or twice daily
- The maximum dosage to be administered in a single day is 1.2 mg per day
During dosage the following should be observed:
- Complete the entire dosage as prescribed unless your health provider advises otherwise
- If you take an overdose of Mitigare, call your health provider or visit the nearest hospital immediately
- If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember but do not take two doses at the once or at a close time span
Mitigare Side Effects
Mitigare medication may or may not have side effects depending on an individual. However, if you experience any of the following side effects consult a physician The most common side effects include:
- Stomach pain or cramping
Other adverse reactions of the medication may be due to toxicity and an indication that the dosage should be stopped. If you experience any side effects including the following, consult your health provider immediately:
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Swelling of the lips face or tongue
- Muscle weakness or pain
- Numbness or tingling in your fingers or toes
- Pale or gray color to your lips tongue or palms of your hands
- Severe diarrhea or vomiting
Interactions with Mitigare can lead to a different functioning of this medication. Interactions can also cause severe further side effects and even fatal to the user. It is vital to inform your personal physician of the medicine including short-term medications such as antibiotics that you may be using before beginning Mitigare dosage. Some of the known interactions are:
- Herbal products
- Grape fruit and grape juice fruit
- AccessPak for HIV PEP Expanded with Kaletra (emtricitabine / lopinavir / ritonavir / tenofovir)
- Erythrocin Lactobionate(erythromycin)
- Gengraf (cyclosporine)