Lipitor is prescribed to help treat cholesterol, as well as to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack and other heart complications. Lipitor works by lowering the amount of "bad" cholesterol and increasing "good" cholesterol in the blood. It accomplishes this by employing an enzyme to reduce cholesterol production in the liver.
Lipitor Discount Coupon - Save Up To 65%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Lipitor Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 65%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Lipitor Manufacturer Savings Programs
The Lipitor savings card can help you start saving on your next prescription refill.
View Lipitor Manufacturer Rebates
Lipitor lowers "bad" cholesterol levels in the blood by reducing cholesterol production in the liver. In addition to taking Lipitor, patients should decrease the amount of cholesterol in their diet, as this can help aid the treatment process without having to resort to more powerful medicines.
Below you will find the different uses for Lipitor.
- Reduces the risk of fatal and non-fatal stroke
- Reduces the risk for revascularization procedures
- Reduces the risk of hospitalization for congestive heart failure
- Reduces the risk of angina
- Reduces the risk of myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Treats high blood cholesterol
- Prevention for cardiovascular disease
Lipitor dosage is completely dependent on the individual that takes it, as it can be used for a variety of conditions. Note that the amount of Lipitor you take also depends on the age of the individual. In addition to that the amount of Lipitor you take also depends on the strength of each pill/tablet and the amount of times you plan on taking the pill/tablet a day.
Lipitor dosage to treat high cholesterol
- For adults, start with 10 to 20mg once daily. The dosage may range between 10 to 80 mg once daily depending on the individual"s needs.
- For children, the recommended starting dose is 10mg with a maximum daily dose of 20mg.
- Cholesterol levels should be monitored every 2-4 weeks and dosage adjusted accordingly
Lipitor Side Effects
Lipitor, like any other drug, comes with its collection of side effects that vary with each individual who uses it. If you experience any severe side effects, consult with your doctor or medical professional immediately.
Common Lipitor Side Effects:
- Mild muscle pain
Consult with your doctor if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Pain, tenderness or weakness of muscles
- Fever, tiredness or flulike symptoms
- Dark colored urine
- Swelling and weight gain
- Decreased or nonexistent urination
- Increased thirst, dry mouth
- Increased thirst and/or increased urination
- Blurred vision
- Unusual hunger or loss of appetite
- Dry skin or jaundice (yellowing of skin)
- Nausea, upper stomach pain
Below you will find a list of Lipitor drug and substance interactions. In many cases Lipitor should not be combined with other medications unless approved by a physician. HIV protease inhibitors are known to cause adverse interactions with Lipitor, so consult your doctor about their dosage. Consult your physician before taking any new medication.
Note that this list does not include a variety of over the counter drugs and vitamins that could also counteract and alter Lipitor.