Klor-con is medication that is categorized under the drug class of minerals and electrolytes. Klor-con is used as a supplement for potassium minerals in the body.This mineral supplement is used in the treatment of low levels of potassium in the bloodstream. Potassium minerals are important in the blood, and it plays a major role in the proper functioning of major vital organs.
Klor-Con Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Klor-Con Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Klor-con medication is used in the prevention or treatment of hypokalemia, a condition that results in low potassium levels in the blood. Low levels of potassium blood minerals can be an outcome of any of the following cases:
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting due to sickness
- Side effects of certain medication
- Hormonal problems such as hyperaldosteronism
- Diuretics treatment
Klor-con contains potassium chloride and for maximum results patients are advised to avoid crushing, sucking or chewing the tablets. Potassium mineral is present in a variety of food types and serves a number of functions in the body especially on vital organs such as:
- Heart muscles
- Nerves in the entire body
This medication is administered orally with food according to the exact prescribed dosage by your physician or health provider. Each Klor-con tablet contains 8 milliequivalent (mEq) or 10 mEq of potassium chloride.
- The recommended dosage for Klor-con on average adults is approximately 20 milliequivalent (mEq) in one dose each day for the duration specified by your physician.
- Cases in which the patient has a severe deficiency of potassium minerals in their bloodstream, a dose of 40 to 100 milliequivalent (mEq) of Klor-con is normally prescribed.
- In such a situation, separate doses of Klor-con 20 milliequivalent (mEq) each should be given.
While dosage to gain maximum results, the following should be considered:
- Take this medication after having a meal
- To avoid stomach upsets, take Klor-con with a glass full of water (8 Ounces or 240 milliliters)
Klor-Con Side Effects
Klor-con, like any other medication, has its set of side effects that varies with each individual who uses it. Some of the side effects are expected and do not need any urgent medical attention. However, if you experience any persistent side effects consult your health provider immediately. Potassium chloride the active ingredient in Klor-con is known to cause irritation of the gastrointestinal tract that may lead to stomach obstruction or bleeding.
Common Klor-con side effects include:
- Stomach cramping or discomfort
- Stomach irritation
- Swelling of the face
- Vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Stomach ulcers
- Tightness of the chest
Interactions with Klor-con can lead to a different functioning of this medication. Interactions can also cause severe further side effects and may be fatal to the user. It is important to inform your personal physician of any prescription and non-prescription medicine including short-term medications such as antibiotics that you may be using before beginning this medication. Klor-con should not be mixed with other form of medications unless your physician approves its use. Some of the known interactions are;