Generic Name(s): phenylephrine/pyrilamine
Drug Class: Upper respiratory combinations
Treats: runny nose, itchy eyes, sneezing, watery eyes, sinus congestion
Hista-D is a medication which is used to temporarily give a patient relief from stuffy or runny nose, Itchy or watery eyes, throat congestion or an itchy throat. These complications may be caused by the common cold, hay fever, even allergies, a sinus infection or any other illnesses that affect proper breathing. The drug is made up of mainly two ingredients which include the antihistamine that works mainly to relief the watery and itchy eyes and also the itchy throat. The second ingredient which is the decongestant helps to get rid of the ear congestion and the stuffy nose.
Hista-D Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Hista-D Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Hista- D is only used temporarily and should never be used on a long-term basis. It is important to note that in order to significantly reduce any chances of serious side effects one should always follow the doctor's instructions to the letter. it also very advisable to never under any circumstance share this drug with anyone. Hista-D is mainly used to relieve the following conditions:
- ear congestion
- itchy throat
- stuffy nose
- watery and itchy eyes
- runny nose
When you are under this medication always remember to adhere to the following guidelines;
- Keep all your medication far away from children
- You should not store this drug in the bathroom
- The appropriate temperature for the drug is between 59-86 degrees
- The room where you store this drug should be at least 77 degrees in temperature
Before beginning to take any medication, it is very important for one's health to consult your doctor on the appropriate dosage in order to avoid instances of overdosage and under dosage. Below you will find a typical dosage of Hista-D.
- The 25mg to 60 mg of the oral tablet which should be taken orally every 12 hours depending on the doctor's instructions.
- The 20 mg to 16 mg of the chewable tablet should be taken orally every 12 hours depending on the doctor's instructions.
- The 5mg to 16 mg of the oral suspension should be taken every 12 hours which is about 5 to 10 ml as instructed by your doctor.
- The 5mg to 16mg oral suspension should be taken orally every 12 hours as instructed by the doctor and should never exceed 20 ml in a span of 24 hours.
- The 10 mg to 25 mg tablet should be taken orally every 4 to 6 hours according to the doctor's instructions but it is advisable to never take more than 6 tablets within 24 hours.
Hista-D Side Effects
Like any drug, Hista-D may cause side effects. It is important to note that not all side effects are reported and therefore if you ae under this medication you should consult your doctor if any unusual symptoms persist. Some of the side effects are rare while some are very common. Some are very serious while others are not very serious. Note that not all possible side effects are listed here.
Consult your doctor if you experience the following:
- mental or mood changes
- nervousness and anxiety
- decreased sexual ability
- heart pounding rapidly
- difficulty initiating a stream of urine
- shortness of breath
- discomfort while urinating
- shortness of breath
Like any drug, Hista-D may interact Most often that not your doctor or health care provider is aware of the various interactions with this Hista-D but it is also important to be aware of some of the very serious interactions with Hista-D. The following are some of the drugs that interact vigorously with this drug. Note that not all possible interactions are listed.
- MAO inhibitors
- beta blockers
- calcium channel blockers