Generic Name(s): guaifenesin and phenylephrine
Drug Class: Upper respiratory combinations
Treats: Cold Symptoms, Cough, Nose Inflammation, Stuffy Nose
Guaiphen Pd contains guaifenesin and phenylephrine. It treats nasal congestion and coughs brought about by allergies. It also treats the common cold, sinus congestion, sneezing, cough, runny nose, and pressure. Guaiphen Pd is generically available as guaifenesin and phenylephrine and belongs to the group of medications upper respiratory combinations.
Guaiphen Pd Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Guaiphen Pd Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Guaiphen Pd Uses
The decongestant phenylephrine acts by constricting the blood vessels decreasing cases of swelling in nasal passages. The antihistamine, diphenhydramine relieves the watery or itchy eyes and itchy throat by inhibiting a chemical, histamine, secreted by allergies. The cough suppressant, codeine acts in the brain and help lower the cough reflex that reduces a dry cough.
Guaiphen Pd is an upper respiratory combination medication that treats:
- relieves sneezing
- runny nose
Guaiphen Pd Dosage
You will find below the dosage guidelines of Guaiphen Pd that doctors use, but depending on the medical history and the medical condition of the patient, a pharmacist or a doctor may prescribe a different regimen for Guaiphen Pd. A patient should not change their dosage or stop taking their medication without a doctor’s approval. The usual Guaiphen Pd dosage is as follows:
- Each Guaiphen Pd drug contains 5 ml of 12.5 mg diphenhydramine hydrochloride, 7.5 mg codeine phosphate, phenylephrine hydrochloride and 7.5 mg codeine phosphate combination
- The recommended dosage is two teaspoonfuls (10 ml) after every 4 hours,
- You should not exceed eight teaspoonfuls in 24 hours.
Guaiphen Pd Side Effects
Side effects of Guaiphen Pd cannot be predicted but if there is any change in development or intensity, it is advisable to inform a doctor soonest possible. Doctors are in the best position to advice on whether a patient should continue with Guaiphen Pd or not. The common side effects are:
- Constipation; diarrhea;
- dizziness; drowsiness;
- excitability; headache;
- loss of appetite; nausea;
- nervousness or anxiety; trouble sleeping;
- Upset stomach; vomiting; weakness.
Severe side effects with Guaiphen Pd include:
- rash; hives;
- itching; difficulty breathing;
- tight chest;
- difficulty urinating
- fast or irregular heartbeat;
- hallucinations; seizures;
- severe dizziness, lightheadedness
- severe nervousness, restlessness
- Tremor; vision changes.
- persistent trouble sleeping;
- headache; severe drowsiness;
- tremor; vision changes or blurred vision
Guaiphen Pd Interactions
Certain drugs, when used with Guaiphen Pd, might cause its effects to be decreased, altered, or increased. Also, when using Guaiphen Pd for transitioning purposes, Guaiphen Pd might interact with other medications. A patient is expected to consult a doctor before combining Guaiphen Pd with these drugs. These drugs are:
- acetaminophen / propoxyphene, acetaminophen / tramadol
- Adapin (doxepin), alvimopan, amitriptyline / chlordiazepoxide
- amitriptyline / perphenazine, amoxapine, Anafranil (clomipramine)
- Aplenzin (bupropion), Asendin (amoxapine), aspirin / caffeine / propoxyphene
- Atapryl (selegiline), Aventyl Hydrochloride (nortriptyline)
- Atrosept (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate)
- Balacet (acetaminophen / propoxyphene), bupropion / naltrexone
- Carbex (selegiline), Cena K (potassium chloride), Cerdelga (eliglustat)
- citric acid/potassium citrate, Darvon-N (propoxyphene)
- desipramine, Dolsed (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate)
- doxepin, droperidol, droperidol / fentanyl, Duo-Vil (amitriptyline / perphenazine)