Brand Name(s): Dimenhydrinate
Drug Class: antihistamines
Treats: Motion sickness, dizziness, vertigo, nause
Gravol is also called dimenhydrinate and is a sedating antihistamine which is a drug type used to treat the common cold or its symptoms. Dimenhydrinate is a first generation antihistamine used in the treatment or prevention of motion sickness or symptoms of nausea and dizziness. Gravol has not been linked to symptoms of clinically acute liver problems.
Gravol Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Gravol Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Gravol has many varied uses and treatements and should only be used under the guidiance of a licensed physician. Unathorized use of this medication can lead to serious health hazards.
- Gravol is used in the treatment and prevention of motion sickness.
- It is also used to treat as nausea and vomiting associated with various conditions like chemotherapy, radiation, and other forms of surgery.
- It can be used in the treatment of vomiting and a type of dizziness caused by motion sickness, and spinning sensation (vertigo) caused by meniere's disease.
- Mainly, Gravol is a medication that helps to relieves sleeping problems.
The dosage for Gravol varies according to the ailment being treated. You should always use medication as prescribed. Below you will find a typical dosage of Gravol.
- In the treatment of motion sickness, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and the spinning sensation otherwise known as vertigo the adult those is normally between 50mg-100mg every 4 hours or as needed. Under no circumstance should you consume more than 400mg in a 24 hour period.
- The longer acting form of this medication are taken every 8-12 hours and a maximum of 3 tablets win 24 hours.
- For those using this medication in the treatment of motion sickness, be sure to take the first dose at least 30mins or an hour before time of departure.
Gravol Side Effects
Like any drug, Gravol may cause side effects. You should consult your Physician before administering this medication and use only as directed. Some of the side effects that may arise from the use of this medication are as follows in no particular order. Note that not all possible Gravol side effects are listed here.
- severe headache
- blurred vision
- dryness of the mouth and the respiratory passages
- palpitations of the heart
Like any drug, Gravol may interact with other drugs and substances. Tell your doctor about any drugs you are using before taking Gravol, including over the counter drugs and supplements.
- If you use alcohol while taking this medication, you may experience drowsiness and so you should abstain from the use of alcohol while using this medication.
- You should not drive or perform any hazardous task while taking this medication.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers stand a risk while using this medication.
- In the event that you become pregnant while taking this medication, consult your doctor immediately