Brand Name(s): Cidex, Glutarol
Drug Class: Disinfectant
Treats: Warts, hyperhidrosis
Glutaraldehyde is a disinfectant used to treat hyperhidrosis of palms and soles as well as warts. It works by inactivating bacteria and viruses on the skin. It is applied topically to stop the virus causing the warts from spreading further. It also dries the warts, making them disappear.
Glutaraldehyde Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Glutaraldehyde Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Glutaraldehyde is used in the treatment of warts, which are a common skin problem, especially in children. The medication helps to dry and halt the growth of these unattractive and painful growths which are caused by the contagious human papillomavirus.
However, it is important to note that Glutaraldehyde is not recommended for treatment of water warts, genital warts and moles.
- Treating hyperhidrosis of palms and soles
- Drying warts
- Treating Verrucas
- Stopping the growth of warts
- Preventing warts from spreading
In case of any clarification with regard to the use of Glutaraldehyde, one should consult their health care provider or pharmacist.
Dosage of Glutaraldehyde depends on the individual and the condition being treated. You should always use medication precisely as your doctor recommends. Below you will find a typical dosage of Glutaraldehyde.
- It should also be used only on the verrucas or warts for which the doctor has recommended its use.
- One is required to soak the affected area in hot soapy water for two to three minutes to soften the skin. Then rub off any loose hard skin gently from the wart’s surface using an emery board or a piece of pumice stone. This makes it easier for the medication to penetrate the skin.
- One should then carefully apply two coats of the medication to the top of the wart. It is advisable to allow the first coat to dry before applying the second coat.
- Treatment period is decided by the doctor depending on the size of the wart or the time it may take to disappear.
Glutaraldehyde Side Effects
Just like any other drug, Glutaraldehyde may bring about mild or serious side effects. In the case of an overdose or failure to carefully follow the doctor’s directions, the medication may bring about severe or irreversible effects which may bring about further complications such as dermatitis, Asthma, Rhinitis, and eye irritation. However, not everyone may experience the side effects as they vary from one individual to the other. Some other side effects of Glutaraldehyde are tolerable and can be treated symptomatically if they worsen. Such side effects include the following. Note that not all possible Glutaraldehyde side effects are listed.
- Nasal and Throat symptoms
- Browning or darkening skin
- Skin irritation
Like any drug, Glutaraldehyde may interact with other drugs and substances. Drug interactions alter the manner in which the drug works and may also increase the risk of serious side effects. It is therefore important to notify your health care provider about any prescription or non prescription medications you are using. In addition, one should carefully read the medication"s label to see what other drugs may interact with Glutaraldehyde to avoid increasing the risk of side effects.
Glutaraldehyde may interact with the following medications. Note that not all possible interactions are listed.