Generic Name(s): guaifenesin/phenylephrine
Drug Class: Upper respiratory combinations
Treats: coughing, congestion
Genexa La is a combination of guaifenesin and phenylephrine. Genexa La makes it easier to cough out through your mouth by helping in loosening congestion in your chest and throat. Genexa La also helps in shrinking blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause a stuffy nose.
Genexa La Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Genexa La Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Genexa La Uses
Through coughing the body is able to remove mucus or foreign material from the ;lungs andupper airway passages. A cough is not a disease, but only a symptom, and often the importance of your cough can be determined only when other symptoms are evaluated.
Uses of Genexa La are:
- Treatment of coughing
- Helps to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold or flu, treat stuffy nose and sinus congestion
- Facilitate conception, by thinning and increasing cervical mucus, during the few days before ovulation.
- Since Genexa La is a vasoconstrictor, the blood vessels are reduced in size, reducing the pain associated with hemorrhoids hence prevents symptoms of hemorrhoids.
- Acts as a vasopressor to increase the blood pressure in unstable patients who are suffering from hypotension, especially resulting from septic shock.
- To abort priapism by urologists. The mechanism of action is to cause the blood vessels entering into the penis to constrict in size, thus relieving the priapism.
Genexa La Dosage
Follow directions on the label or as your doctor prescribes. Do not use for longer periods or in smaller or larger amounts than recommended cold or cough medicine is usually taken only until your symptoms clear up.
For children younger than four years old, the use of Genexa La is not recommended. Before giving cough or cold medicine to a child consult a doctor. Measure liquid Genexa La with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup and the dosing syringe provided. Ask your pharmacist for a dose-measuring device if you don"t have one. Below you will find a typical dosage of Genexa La.
- One tablet every 4-6 hours, not to exceed six tablets daily
- Do not chew, open, crush or break an extended-release capsule or tablet. To help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat drink extra fluids while you are taking Genexa La.
Since Genexa La is taken when needed, you may not be on a dosing schedule. Take a missed dose as soon as you remember.
Genexa La Side Effects
Genexa La, just like any other drug, has some serious side effects. The severity of these side effects may vary from one person to the other depending on the body"s ability to handle the effects of the drug. Some people may not experience these side effects at all. Note that this list does not include all possible Genexa La side effects.
Common side effects:
- Upset stomach
- Loss of appetite
- Difficult breathing
- Formation of kidney stones
Severe side effects:
- Swelling of the lips or face
- Fast heartbeat
- Severe anxiety
Genexa La Interactions
Some drugs and substances may interact with Genexa La and may reduce the drug"s effectiveness or cause severe side effects to your body. In most cases, Genexa La is not combined with other drugs unless the doctor authorizes it. Thus, do not start, stop or change the use of any medication without informing your doctor. Taking Genexa La with other drugs that make your breathing slow or sleepy can worsen these effects. Ask your doctor before taking Genexa La with other drugs. The increase in blood pressure may be an effect of taking Genexa La with the following drugs:
- Tricyclic antidepressants
Drugs that may decrease the effects of Genexa La may include:
- ACE inhibitors
- Calcium channel blockers
Note that it"s very important to share a list of all drugs, prescription and non-prescription and herbal remedies that you may be using with your doctor to enable the doctor monitor possible interactions on your behalf. Not all possible Genexa La interactions have been listed.