Fungal infection is just any ailment that emanates from the invasion of fungus in the human body. It should be noted that fungal infection can hit different parts of the body. A woman complaining of vaginal yeast infection, a boy suffering from skin rashes or even a jock itch are all an indication that you are suffering from a fungal infection.
Fungal Infections Symptoms
It is very necessary to understand some of the symptoms that signal fungal infections. This is the only way you will be compelled to seek the necessary treatment from a medical doctor. Some of the symptoms, in this case, may be very severe while others are simply mild. Whichever the case, it is very necessary to be on your toes and seek medical assistance when necessary. Symptoms include:
- Skin Itching
- Skin rashes
- Smelly vagina
- Increased vaginal discharge
- Itchiness during intercourse
Fungal Infections Causes
Like earlier stated, fungal infections come as a result of invasion by fungus. There are different things that can fuel fungal infections. The bottom line is that fungus are the main cause of the respective infections. It is also important to note that there are different types of fungus. This is the reason why an infection in this bracket may affect you in a particular part and not the other. Some of the fueling factors to fungal infections include:
- Humid Environment- In times of rain and wetness, people are prone to fungal infections more than other times.
- Poor blood circulation
- Nail injury
- Skin injury
Fungal Infections Diagnosis
It has been realized that there are a number of ways in which you can diagnose fungal infections. Laboratory technicians implement the strategies in order to establish if a certain patient is suffering from fungal infection. Some of the diagnosis methods for fungal infections include:
- Skin Scraping- This is taken from the part of the skin affected by rashes.
- Plucking rooted hair follicles- The root of hair specimen is considered vital in diagnosing fungal infections.
- Blood tests- This entails collection of blood specimen and running it for a test with regard to fungal infections.
- Direct Microscopy- This entails instant check on the specimen using microscopes.
Fungal Infections Treatment
It is important to remember that fungal infections are brought forth by fungus. These are micro-organisms which find refuge on humans in effort to source food. The final result of their invasion is fungal infections. It should be, therefore, noted that treatment for the aforementioned ailment is an antifungal drug. Antifungal drugs may vary from one point to another. This is majorly determined by the kind of fungal infection you are suffering from. An antifungal meant for vaginal yeast may not be used to treat skin rashes.