Flutamide is a nonsteroidal antiandrogen medication that primarily treats prostate cancer. Flutamide belongs to a drug class anti androgens hormones or antineoplastics. It has various brand names such as Eulexin, Cytomid, Chimax, Flutamin and Drogen. Flutamide works as an androgen receptor, AR, silent antagonist that competes with testosterone and its metabolite, dihydrotestosterone, DHT to bind ARs in the prostate gland.
Flutamide Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Flutamide Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Flutamide treats men with prostate cancer. It is also used in combination with other drugs and in some cases with radiation treatments. Testosterone that is a natural hormone assist in growing, development and spread of the prostate cancer. Hypothalamus in the brain releases Gonadotropin-releasing hormone that triggers the pituitary gland to secrete luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone. LH triggers the testes to release testosterone that later metabolize to DHT enzyme 5?-reductase. The DHT and a small amount of testosterone stimulate the growth of prostate cancer cells. Therefore, inhibiting these androgens can give an intense prostate cancer treatment particularly metastatic disorder. Flutamide blocks the effects of the testosterone and slows the growth and spreading of the prostate cancer.
- Prostate Cancer
Provided below is the basic dosage used by most health care providers to give Flutamide to their patients. However, depending on one"s medical history and condition, the physician might prescribe a different regimen. You shouldn"t start or stop taking the medication or even change the prescribed drugs unless directed by your doctor. Prostate Cancer Treatment
- The actual Flutamide dose is 20 mg taken orally after every 8 hours for locally confined Stage D2 and stage B2-C metastatic carcinoma.
- The usual dosage is 250 mg of Flutamide taken twice or thrice per day combined with oral contraceptives.
Flutamide Side Effects
Flutamide like any other drug may lead to unwanted effects. Once in the unlikely situation you experience the side effects, seek medical consultation immediately. More common side effects are:
- Black, tarry stools
- bloody or cloudy urine
- continuing diarrhea or stomach pain
- burning, difficult or painful urination
- frequent urination urge, pale skin
- troubled breathing with exertion
- unusual bleeding, bruising, tiredness or weakness
Less common side effects are:
- Blurred vision, chest pain, chills, cough
- difficulty breathing, dizziness, drowsiness
- fever, headache, nervousness
- pounding ears, shortness of breath
- slow or fast heartbeat, sore throat
- swelling or swollen glands
Rare side effects:
- clay-colored stools
- dark urine, itching
- light-colored stools
- loss of appetite
- nausea and vomiting
There are likely medicine interactions with Flutamide. You shouldn"t start or stop taking the medication or even change the prescribed dosage without seeking medical advice. Some of the drugs that cause severe interactions with Flutamide are:
- amyl nitrite / sodium nitrite / sodium thiosulfate
- Arava (leflunomide),Aubagio (teriflunomide)
- Citanest Forte (epinephrine / prilocaine), lomitapide
- Citanest HCl Plain (prilocaine), leflunomide teriflunomide
- Cyanide Antidote Kit (amyl nitrite / sodium nitrite / sodium thiosulfate)
- Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine topical), mipomersen
- Emla Anesthetic Disc (lidocaine / prilocaine topical)
- epinephrine / prilocaine, Juxtapid (lomitapide)
- Kynamro (mipomersen), lidocaine / prilocaine topical
- Nithiodote (sodium nitrite / sodium thiosulfate)
- Oraqix (lidocaine / prilocaine topical)prilocaine
- sodium nitrite, sodium nitrite / sodium thiosulfate