Fareston is a drug that is used for treating breast cancer in women who are postmenopausal and have estrogen-dependent tumors or unknown tumors. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. You should not use Fareston if allergic to any ingredients in it and if you have a history of blood clots, cancer or decreased blood platelets or white blood cells.
Fareston Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Fareston Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Fareston Manufacturer Savings Programs
Save up to $150 on your Fareston prescriptions with the Patient Rx Solutions.
View Fareston Manufacturer Rebates
Fareston works by blocking the effects of estrogen on certain body tissues, including breast tissue whereby it helps the growth of estrogen-activated tumors. Fareston is an oral tablet that is used for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women with estrogen-receptor positive or unknown tumors. Fareston is an antiestrogen which is used for treating breast cancer in women who are past menopause and who have estrogen tumors that are dependent or other tumors that are unknown. Fareston may be used for other purposes which should be determined by a doctor or by a healthcare professional.
- Breast Cancer
Fareston dosage is dependent on the individual that it is being administered to. The following dosage is an average dose and could differ among individuals. Do not take a larger dose or more frequent doses without approval from your doctor. Follow your medical professional"s directions carefully for best results.
- The recommended dose for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women with estrogen-receptor positive or unknown tumors should be 60 mg orally once a day.
- Fareston may cause a serious type of irregular heartbeat which may cause fainting and seizures. The dosage of 60 mg once a day should be taken with or without food. The treatment is generally continued until the disease progression is observed.
- Fareston should be stored between 59 degrees and 86 degrees F and it should be protected from heat and light.
Fareston Side Effects
It is possible that some of the Fareston side effects have not been reported as they are minor but others are major and need immediate medical attention. If any of these severe side effects occur, talk to a doctor or a healthcare professional immediately. Less common:
- abdominal or stomach pain
- blurred vision
- change in vaginal discharge
- changes in skin color
- chest pain or discomfort changes in vision
- decreased urine output
- dilated neck veins
- dry mouth
- irregular heartbeat
- muscle weakness
- irregular breathing
- vaginal bleeding
- weight gain
- temporary blindness
- troubled breathing
- severe or sudden headache
- muscle weakness
- loss of appetite
- metallic taste
- slurred speech
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- dark urine
- bleeding gums
- swollen glands
- painful or difficult urination
- bone pain
- changes in vision
- double vision
- eye pain
- decreased vision
- dry eyes
- feeling of warmth
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- sudden sweating
- white or brownish vaginal discharge
A total of 399 drugs is known to interact with Fareston. Below are some of the drug interactions. Note, this list does not include all possible interactions. For a full list, contact your medical professional.