Generic Name(s): codeine phosphate, phenylephrine hydrochloride and brompheniramine maleate
Drug Class: Upper respiratory combinations
Treats: Cold Symptoms, Nose Inflammation, Stuffy Nose, Cough
Bromdec is a combination drug involving a cough suppressant, Codeine, a decongestant, Phenylephrine and antihistamine, Brompheniramine. Bromdec belongs to the drug group known as Upper respiratory combinations. It treats chest congestion, coughs and stuffy nose that result from the flu, allergies, sinusitis, bronchitis, hay fever or common colds.
Bromdec Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Bromdec Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Bromdec handles conditions resulting from these symptoms that include nasal congestions, constriction of airways or throat congestion. The cough suppressant, Codeine acts in the brain and help reduce the cough reflex. The decongestant, Phenylephrine acts by constricting the blood vessels decreasing cases of swelling in nasal passages and relieves the problems of the stuffy nose. Bromdec relieves:
- chest congestion
- watery eyes
- stuffy nose
they occur due to the flu, hay fever, allergies and other breathing disorders such as sinusitis or bronchitis.The antihistamine, Brompheniramine relieves the watery or itchy eyes and itchy throat by inhibiting a chemical, histamine, secreted by allergies.
Below is the recommended dose that many physicians use to give Bromdec to their patients. However, depending on the medical history and condition, the doctor may prescribe a different regimen. You shouldn't start or stop taking the drugs or even change the prescribed dose unless directed by your physician.
The usual Bromdec dosage is as follow:
Adults basic dosage is:
- take 5 ml orally after every 4- 6 hours and not exceeding 30 ml daily.
Pediatrics basic dosage is:
- 6 to 11 years: take 7.5 ml orally after every 4 - 6 hours and not exceeding 45 ml daily.
Bromdec Side Effects
Same as other medications, Bromdec causes several side effects, both common and severe. It is advisable that you immediately seek medical attention once you experience side effects of this drug.
The common side effects of Bromdec are:
- Constipation; diarrhea;
- dizziness; drowsiness;
- dry mouth, nose, or throat;
- excitability; headache;
- loss of appetite; nausea;
- nervousness or anxiety;
- trouble sleeping;
- upset stomach; vomiting;
Bromdec severe side effects include:
- hallucinations, anxiety, nervousness
- paleness, trouble sleeping
- restlessness seizures, persistent dizziness
- drowsiness, persistent sore throat;
- rash, hives, fever, chills,
- itching, difficulty breathing;
- Lightheadedness, tremor.
There are likely drug interactions with Bromdec. Don't start or stop using the medication or even change the prescribed dosage without consulting your healthcare professional. The few medicines that can cause severe interaction with Bromdec include:
- acetaminophen / propoxyphene, acetaminophen / tramadol
- Adapin (doxepin), alvimopan, amitriptyline, amitriptyline / chlordiazepoxide
- amitriptyline/perphenazine, amoxapine, Anafranil (clomipramine)
- Aplenzin (bupropion), Asendin (amoxapine), aspirin / caffeine / propoxyphene
- Atapryl (selegiline), Aventyl Hydrochloride (nortriptyline)
- Atrosept (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate)
- Balacet (acetaminophen / propoxyphene), bupropion / naltrexone