Generic Name(s): folic acid, heme iron polypeptide, iron dextran, cyanocobalamin
Drug Class: Vitamins and Mineral Supplements
Treats: Anemia, Iron Deficiency
Bifera Rx is a prescription of iron supplement used by people with iron deficiency as well as in treating anemia. It is a combination of folic acid, vitamin B12 and iron that works by providing vitamins, folic acid and iron to the body. The medication is a tiny oval shaped, film-coated maroon tablet, with a black core.
Bifera Rx Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Bifera Rx Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Bifera Rx Uses
Apart from its use for nutritional nourishment as a supplement for iron, Bifera Rx has other uses which include the following.
- Bifera Rx is also used to supplement or treat a deficiency of vitamin B12 and folic acid. The deficiency of such nutrients may be triggered by varying health conditions such as pregnancy, poor diet, and recovery from surgery or anemia.
- Bifera Rx is also used for preventing and treating varying types of Anemia such as those caused by poor nutrition and low blood iron levels.
- The medication also helps to prevent spinal cord birth defects in expectant mothers by supplementing folic acid which is crucial for this purpose.
- Bifera Rx can also be used to treat other conditions as directed by a doctor.
Bifera Rx Dosage
Bifera Rx should be administered according to the doctor's directions. This is because dosage differs for different patients. One can also check for the exact dosing instructions on the label of the medication or consult their health care providers for any clarifications. Below you will find a typical dosage of Bifera Rx.
- One should take a single tablet each day or as prescribed by a licensed healthcare provider.
- Bifera Rx is taken orally by mouth with or without food. However, in case of stomach upsets, one can take food to minimize the stomach irritation.
- The tablet should be taken with a full glass of water unless otherwise directed by a health care provider.
- After taking Bifera Rx, do not lie down for the next ten minutes.
- To get the most benefit out of this medication, it should be taken regularly.
- If a dose of Bifera Rx is missed, it should be taken as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, the missed dose should be skipped and return to the regular dosing schedule.
- Bifera Rx should not be administered with dairy products.
Bifera Rx Side Effects
There are typically only mild side effects experienced by people using Bifera Rx. However, just like any other drug, Bifera Rx may also bring about varying side effects due to varying reasons. Some side effects such as black stool are not harmful whereas others may be a cause of concern. However, if any of the following side effects persist or become bothersome, one should consult their health care provider.
- Dark or green stool
- Stomach pain
If you encounter any of these serious side effects, seek immediate medical attention:
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the mouth, lips, tongue or face
- Bloody, tarry or black stool
- Persistent nausea
- Abdominal pain
Bifera Rx Interactions
Some drugs, substances or medical conditions may interact with Bifera Rx. It is, therefore, important to notify your doctor about such conditions, as well as any prescription or non-prescription medications you are taking, to reduce the risk of adverse side effects.
Conditions that may interact with Bifera Rx:
- If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant
- If you have allergies to medicines, foods or other substances
- If you have certain blood disorders or bowel problems
- If you have had multiple blood transfusions
Bifera Rx may also interact with other medications: