Bexxar is a fully monoclonal antibody for humans that treat non-Hodgkin"s lymphoma. It associates with radioactive iodine I-131, and it is available in generic form as tositumomab. Bexxar medication has various brand names which include Bexxar Dosimetric and Bexxar Therapeutic, and it belongs to the categories of drugs the CD20 monoclonal antibodies and Therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals.
Bexxar Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Bexxar Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Bexxar medication treats non-Hodgkin"s lymphoma. Bexxar medication applies when other drugs have not succeeded in controlling this disorder. It treats the relapse or the chemotherapy/Rituxan-Refractory Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is a cancer disease that starts on lymphocytes that are the component of your body"s immune system. Lymphocytes assist your body in fighting against infections, therefore, when attacked by cancer, your body immune system is weakened. White blood cells are the parts of the lymphoid tissue attacked by the Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and as they are the primary body defensive system, their infection results in lowering the entire body defense. The monoclonal antibody, Bexxar destroys the particular cancer cells in your body. This assists in protecting the healthy cells destruction.
- Non-Hodgkin"s Lymphoma
Below is the necessary dose used by many doctors to give Bexxar to their patients. However, depending on one"s medical history and condition, a doctor may prescribe a different regimen. You shouldn"t start or stop taking the drugs or even change the prescribed dose unless directed by your physician. The recommended Bexxar dosage is as below:
- Bexxar therapeutic regimen contains two different components that are iodine I 131 tositumomab and tositumomab.
- Administer in two different phases, therapeutic dose and dosimetric dose after 7-14 days.
Bexxar Side Effects
Bexxar medicine may have its unwanted side effects. Any unlikely situation you might experience, immediately seek medical attention. The more common side effects include:
- black, tarry stools
- blood in the urine or stools
- chest pain, cough or hoarseness
- fever or chills, painful urination
- skin pinpoint red spots
- shortness of breath, swollen glands
- troubled breathing with exertion
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Less common side effects are:
- irregular heartbeat or pulse
- pounding ears
- slow heartbeat
Incidence not known
- dark urine, diarrhea
- joint or muscle pain
- light-colored stools
- no blood pressure or pulse
- unconsciousness, yellow eyes or skin
There are possible medicine interactions with Bexxar. Don"t start or stop using the drug or even change the prescribed dosage without consulting your doctor. A few of drugs that cause severe interactions with Bexxar include:
- antithrombin iii, Anturane (sulfinpyrazone), apixaban, Aptivus (tipranavir)
- Arava (leflunomide), ardeparin, argatroban , Arixtra (fondaparinux)
- Acetylsalicylic Acid (aspirin), Acova (argatroban), Actiprofen (ibuprofen)
- Activase (alteplase), Actron (ketoprofen) , Acuprin 81 (aspirin), adalimumab
- Addaprin (ibuprofen), Adult Strength (aspirin / caffeine)
- Advil PM (diphenhydramine / ibuprofen), Aflaxen (naproxen)
- Aggrastat (tirofiban), Aggrenox (aspirin / dipyridamole), agrylin (anagrelide)
- Anaprox-DS (naproxen), Angiomax (bivalirudin), anisindione, anistreplase