Generic Name(s): erythromycin base/benzoyl peroxide
Drug Class: Macrolide antibiotics
Benziq treats mild to moderate acne. Benziq is a combination medication that includes a macrolide antibiotic, benzoyl peroxide and a keratolytic, erythromycin. It belongs to the chemical class of medication known as topical acne agents and is available in generic form as erythromycin base/benzoyl peroxide.
Benziq Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Benziq Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Acne causes pain and can cause incidences of headache when they develop on your face as well as damaging your skin. Benziq medication addresses these acnes. Benziq treats mild to moderate acne. Benziq has antibacterial effects and the keratolytic acts as a drying agent. It helps in reducing the number of pimples on your skin. Pimples that are not treated can develop into acne, a painful skin disorder. The macrolide antibiotic, benzoyl peroxide kills the bacteria causing the acnes and also makes the top skin layer to peel off, facilitating new skin formation. The keratolytic agent, Erythromycin, acts by inhibiting the growth of the bacteria causing the acne.
Below is the basic dosage that is used by most healthcare providers to give Benziq to their patients. However, depending on your condition and medical history, a physician might prescribe a different regimen. You should not change your dosage, stop, or start taking your medication without consulting your health provider. The typical Benziq dosage is as follows:
- Wash and dry the affected area before using Benziq
- Apply a thin film of the Benziq dosage to the affected parts twice in a day
- Take the treatment for 6-8 weeks
Benziq Side Effects
Like any other medication, Benziq has been linked with several side effects, both common and rare. It is advisable that you immediately seek medical attention if you experience any severe or persistent side effects of this medication. Below you will find a list of side effects associated with Benziq.
- Oiliness or tenderness of the skin
- Painful irritation of the skin
- Dryness or peeling of the skin
- Skin rash
- Eyes, face, and nose swelling
- Eye irritation, feeling of warmth,
- Mild stinging, or redness of the skin
- Redness or other discoloration of the skin
- Eyelid redness, swelling, or itching
- Skin burning, blistering, crusting,
- Skin itching, severe redness, or swelling
- Increased skin sensitivity to sunlight
- Severe sunburn
There are possible drug interactions with Benziq and you should not start, stop, or change the dosage prescribed by your doctor without consulting them. Some of the medications that can cause severe interactions with Benziq include the following. Note that not all possible interactions are listed here.
- Absorica (isotretinoin), Accutane (isotretinoin), Altinac (tretinoin topical)
- Amnesteem (isotretinoin), Atralin, Avita (tretinoin topical)
- Claravis (isotretinoin), clindamycin / tretinoin topical
- fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical, isotretinoin
- mequinol / tretinoin topical, Myorisan (isotretinoin)
- Obagi (tretinoin topical), Refissa (tretinoin topical)
- Renova, Retin-A Micro (tretinoin topical)
- Retin-A, Retin-A and Renova (tretinoin topical)
- Retisol-A (tretinoin topical), Solage (mequinol / tretinoin topical)
- Sotret (isotretinoin), Stie Vaa Forte (tretinoin topical)
- Stievaa (tretinoin topical), Tretin-X (tretinoin topical)
- tretinoin topical, Tri-Luma (fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical)
- Veltin (clindamycin / tretinoin topical), Vitinoin (tretinoin topical)
- Zenatane (isotretinoin), Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin topical)