Generic Name(s): belladonna, ergotamine, and phenobarbital
Drug Class: Anticholinergics / antispasmodics
Treats: Tension, nervousness
Bel-Phen-Ergot S is a combination of ergotamine, belladonna, and phenobarbital and it is used to treat symptoms of menopause. Such symptoms may include increased heart rate, restlessness, trouble sleeping, and anxiety. Bel-Phen-Ergot S can also be used to reduce nervous system and brain activity. Bel-Phen-Ergot S reduces the secretions of many organs and this aids in controlling conditions such as excess stomach acid.
Bel-Phen-Ergot S Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!The free Pharmacy Coupons Bel-Phen-Ergot S Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Bel-Phen-Ergot S Uses
Bel-Phen-Ergot S is used in relieving symptoms that are related to tension and nervousness. Some of these symptoms may include unpleasant menopausal signs such as:
- Hot flushes
- Trouble sleeping
- stomach/intestinal disorders
- throbbing headaches
Bel-Phen-Ergot S works by blocking certain chemicals that are found in the nervous system and help in relieving these symptoms. Bel-Phen-Ergot S can also be used to relax and calm the body. Bel-Phen-Ergot S may cause withdrawal reactions when used regularly for a long time or in high doses. The dosage offered by the doctor will be based on your response to therapy and your medical condition.
Bel-Phen-Ergot S Dosage
You will find below the dosage guidelines of Bel-Phen-Ergot S that doctors use, but depending on the medical history and the medical condition of the patient, a pharmacist or a doctor may prescribe a different regimen for Bel-Phen-Ergot S. A patient should not change their dosage or stop taking their medication without a doctor’s approval.
- Do not take it longer or in large amounts than recommended by your doctor
- You need to use less and less before stopping the medication immediately
Bel-Phen-Ergot S Side Effects
Side effects of most drugs cannot be anticipated so if you notice any change in intensity or any developments, it is recommended to see a doctor as soon as possible. Pharmacists or Doctors are the only ones who can determine if it is safe to continue taking Bel-Phen-Ergot S.
Common side effects of Bel-Phen-Ergot S include:
- dry mouth, nose or throat
- upset stomach.
Severe side effects of Bel-Phen-Ergot S include:
Severe allergic reactions such as:
- difficulty breathing
- tightness in the chest
- dark urine or pale stools
- unusual bruising or bleeding
- unusual tiredness
- decreased urination
- severe stomach pain
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
Bel-Phen-Ergot S Interactions
When Bel-Phen-Ergot S interacts with other drugs, the effects of either drug could be decreased, altered, or increased. Before interacting medications it is important to check with a doctor. Some medications that are known to interact with Bel-Phen-Ergot S include:
- AccuHist LA (atropine / chlorpheniramine / hyoscyamine / phenylephrine / scopolamine)
- AccuHist PDX Drops (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine)
- AccuHist PDX Syrup (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine)
- Allerest Eye Drops (naphazoline ophthalmic)
- Allerest Headache Strength (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine)
- Allerest Maximum Strength (chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine)
- Allerest No Drowsiness (acetaminophen / pseudoephedrine)
- Allerest PE (chlorpheniramine / phenylephrine)
- Allerest Sinus (acetaminophen / chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine)
- Allerfrim (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine), Allerfrin (pseudoephedrine / triprolidine)