Generic Name(s): Carbocisteine
Drug Class: Mucolytics
Treats: Chronic obstructive pulmonary Disorder, bronchiectasis
Availnex is a brand name of a class of drugs called as Mucolytics. The medicine contains Carbocistein, which is the generic drug that helps to reduce the stickiness and the thickness of the sputum. This is helpful for people having symptoms of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD), Pulmonary oxidative stress, etc.
Availnex are chewable tablets and to be taken on prescription only.
Availnex Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Availnex Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
The uses of Availnex depends on the condition of the patient. It is a prescription only drug and must not be taken without proper consultation.
Availnex are chewable tablets which are taken to ease the symptoms of the following conditions:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Other bronchial ailments
COPD is a condition in which there is poor air flow in the lungs accompanied by sputum production, shortness of breath and shortness of breath. Usually, the lungs get weaker as the time passes. Availnex is thus beneficial as it makes it easier for the patient to get rid of the sputum.
Availnex is not recommended for children.
Availnex is a prescription only drug and must be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Also, it is advisable to ask about all the drug interactions, food interactions as well as allergic reactions before starting the treatment with Availnex. Here is how your dosage of Availnex should be taken:
- The most common dosage of Availnex is two tablets a day or as advised by your doctor.
- The medicine is in the form of chewable tablets and thus, be allowed to dissolve completely in the mouth before being swallowed.
- It is usually recommended to take more fluids if you are taking Availnax. Do consult your doctor if you have doubts.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If, however, the time of the next dose is nearing, take the next one. Do not take double dose.
Availnex Side Effects
Availnex, like most of the medicines, may result in some side effects. However, it must be noted that not everyone experiences these side effects. Also, the degree of these unwanted symptoms differs from person to person. Given below are some of the most common side effects associated with Availnax.
- Dizziness: One may experience dizziness while taking the medicine, therefore, it is advisable not to drive or work with machinery while taking the medicine.
- Stomach upset
Although these side effects are common and tend to die out soon, it is advisable to consult your doctor if they persist or worsen with time.
As with any other drug, Availnex may drug interactions that must be kept in mind while taking the medicine. It is always important to take a list of the medicines you"re taking to your doctor. Include all the prescription, nonprescription, herbal drugs as well as supplements in the list.
- There is no known drug reaction of Availnex with other drugs, however, if you feel that the medicine is making you unwell, consult your doctor.
- Women who are pregnant are not advised to take Availnex. Take the medicine only if your doctor sees it fit.
- Women who are breastfeeding should consult their doctor before starting the medication.