Generic Name(s): Neomycin Sulfate/Polymyxin B Sulfate/Hydrocortisone
Drug Class: Antibiotics
Treats: Ear infections caused by bacteria
Aurobiotic-Hc is an antibiotic ear drop which is used to treat bacterial infections of the outer ear. This condition, also called as swimmer's ear (otitis externa), is characterised by inflammation, swelling and infection of the outer ear. Since the medicine is an antibiotic, it must be used as prescribed. Over or prolonged use may reduce the effectiveness of Aurobiotic-Hc.
Aurobiotic-Hc Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Aurobiotic-Hc Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Aurobiotic-Hc contains neomycin and polymyxin, which treat inflammation and infection caused by bacteria and hydrocortisone, which is anti-inflammatory medicine. It must be noted that Aurobiotic-Hc is used only in the cases of bacterial infection and not in any other kinds of infection. Also, the medicine is to be used for the outer ear and ear canal and not to be used for eyes. Here are some of the main uses of Aurobiotic-Hc:
- Treatment of bacterial infection of the outer ear
- Reduce swelling of the outer ear
- Treat inflammation of the outer ear and ear canal
- Itching in the outer ear
- Pain in the ear canal
- Redness inside the ear
The dosage of Aurobiotic-Hc is usually prescribed by your doctor or taken as mentioned on the label. Aurobiotic-Hc is an otic medication which should only be applied to the ear. Do not swallow or ingest the medication. Below you will find a typical dosage of Aurobiotic-Hc.
- Aurobiotic-Hc is usually taken 3-4 times a day. You can time the dosage evenly by keeping 3-4 hour gap between each dose.
- Wash your hands before administration and do not touch the tip of the bottle to avoid contamination.
- Warm the bottle in your hands for a few minutes to minimize the potential for dizziness.
- Lay down with the affected ear upward. Keep the dropper directly over your ear and put the recommended number of drops in the affected ear.
- Hold the earlobe up and back so that the drops roll in the ear.
Aurobiotic-Hc Side Effects
As with every medicine, Aurobiotic-Hc also has a few side effects accompanying it. But these side effects are not very common and usually fade away with time. Also, not everyone experiences them with the same frequency or intensity. However, if the symptoms persist for a longer period of time or worsen with time, consult your doctor. Here are some common and rare side effects of Aurobiotic-Hc. Note that not all possible side effects are listed.
Common side effects:
- Stinging or burning sensation in the area where the medicine is applied.
Rare side effects:
- Problems with hearing or hearing loss
- Development of new infections due to prolonged use of the medicine
There are some medicines, drugs as well as herbal products that may interact with Aurobiotic-Hc, producing unwanted results. These interactions, however, can be managed easily by your doctor or pharmacist by changing the dose, replacing the medicine, etc. It is, therefore, highly recommended that you inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, including prescription, nonprescription, herbal as well as supplements.
Here is a list of some of the drugs that interact with Aurobiotic-Hc:
- antiplatelet drugs
- Other antibiotic drugs
This list, however, does not contain all the drugs that interact with Aurobiotic-Hc, therefore, you should consult your doctor before the medication begins.