Generic Name(s): hydrocortisone
Drug Class: corticosteroids
Treats: itching, swelling, burning, and uneasiness related with haemorrhoids
Anumed (corticosteroids) is a decongestant used to treat itching, swelling, burning, and uneasiness related with haemorrhoids. It is also used alongside other drugs to treat other conditions such as ulcerative rectum colitis, bloody diarrhoea, and anal or rectal inflammatory in lower intestines. It can also be used for other purposes not listed in this description, but directed by your doctor.
Anumed Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Anumed Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
While Anumed can be used to treat haemorrhoids related conditions, it can also be used to treat certain intestinal problems such as inflammatory (swelling) conditions of the anus or rectum. Used with other drugs, Anumed can be used for treat proctitis, ulcerative colitis, and further inflammatory conditions of the rectal area and lower intestines. Anumed is a steroid medicine drug that works by shrinking /vasoconstricting the blood vessels, which if left dilated, cause haemorrhoids. By reducing the swelling caused by the haemorrhoids the drug relieves rectal itching, pain, bloody diarrhea, and bleeding by decreasing inflammation (swelling) directly in the anus and rectum. Other conditions treated using Anumend are Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Atopic Dermatitis. If your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor.
- The drug is used to treat the following conditions:
- Ulcerative rectum colitis
- Bloody diarrhea
- Anal or rectal inflammatory
The Anumed drugs are used as prescribed by the doctor. The common doses for adults and children are described below.
- Adults and children apply ointment, cream, solution, gel, or lotion on the affected area two to four times a day in cases of Dermatitis, Eczema, and Psoriasis.
- Do not apply the small or a large amount of the drug for a long time.
- For cases of Proctitis, Pruritus, Ulcerative Colitis, and Haemorrhoids, adults insert 25 mg of Rectal suppository rectally once or twice a day.
- The maximum dose may be increased to between 75 mg or 100 mg a day. 80 mg of rectal form is inserted rectally once or twice a day.
- Apply Cream three to four times a day.
Anumed Side Effects
The standard sides effects associated with Anumed are itching, burning, dryness, changes in skin color around the rectal region, and hair /skin follicle irritation.
Other side effects that may occur when the Anumed is absorbed in the bloodstream due to prolonged usage are:
- Extreme/unusual tiredness
- Weight loss
- Swelling ankles or feet
- Increased thirst or urination and
- Vision problems
The user may also experience the following side effects although they are rare.
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- New or insistent rectal bleeding
- Vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Black or tarry stools
- Bone pain
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Mental or mood changes
- Easily broken bones
Below you will find a list of Anumed drug and substance interactions. Using other drugs and herbal products may affect the Anumed. Anumed can be combined with other drugs with the directions from the doctor. While such interaction may affect the working of the drug, they may also cause serious side effects. The user should tell the doctor or pharmacist the other medication he or she is using before using Anumed. Anumed interacts with drugs such as:
- Blood thinners such as warfarin
- Insulin regular
- Insulin zinc extended
Anumed also interacts with the following diseases;
- Diaper Rash
- Ocular Toxicities
Consult with your doctor if you begin to develop signs of illness.