Brand Name(s): Agrylin
Drug Class: Platelet Reducing Agents
Treats: Bleeding problems, Unwanted Blood Clots,Polycythemia Vera, Heart Problems
Anagrelide is in a class of medications referred to as platelet-reducing agents. It’s used to reduce platelet counts which prevent the formation of unwanted blood clots. Platelets are blood cells that the body uses to form blood clots. Too many of them may bring about problems with circulation including bleeding problems and unwanted blood clots.
Anagrelide HCL Discount Coupon - Save Up To 22%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Anagrelide HCL Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 22%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Anagrelide HCL Uses
Anagrelide is used for the treatment of Thrombocythemia, a condition where patients have high blood platelet levels brought forth by problems in the bone marrow. It blocks the production of platelets hence reducing their number in the bloodstream. However, it may be used to treat other conditions as determined by a doctor. It may also treat Polycythemia Vera, a condition whereby the body produces too many red blood cells. It also reduces the risk of problems such as stroke, heart attack, intestinal bleeding which may be as a result of having too much platelets. It works by minimizing the production of platelets by the body thus preventing blood clots.
- Polycythemia Vera
Anagrelide HCL Dosage
It is important to take the drug as directed by your doctor. Additionally, it is important to check the label for the exact instructions on dosage. Below is an average dosage and may vary depending on the individual using the drug.
- It is taken by mouth with or without food.
- To get the most benefit from the drug, it should be taken on a regular basis. The full effect of anagrelide may take four to twelve weeks.
- In case you miss a dose, it is advisable to take it as soon as possible. However, if it’s almost time for the next dose, you should skip the missed dose and go on with the regular schedule.
Anagrelide HCL Side Effects
Like most other medicines, there may be minor or no side effects. However, some people may experience severe side effects while taking Anagrelide. Below are some side effects you may experience from using Anagrelide;
- Back Pain
- Stomach Upsets
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach Pain
- General body discomfort
However, some severe side effects may need immediate medical attention, they include;
- Severe allergic reactions such as; itching, rashes, hives, tightness in the chest, breathing difficulties or swelling in the mouths, face, lips or tongue
- Black, bloody or tarry stool
- Dark or bloody urine
- Swelling of the feet, hands or legs
- Changes in the amount of urine produced or trouble urinating, fainting, irregular heartbeat, memory problems, and flu-like symptoms
Anagrelide HCL Interactions
Anagrelide may interact with some conditions or medications. It is important to notify your doctor if you have any of the following conditions or taking the medicines mentioned below.
- If you are pregnant, breast feeding or planning to become pregnant.
- If you are taking any herbal preparation, dietary supplements or any prescription or non prescription medicine.
- If you experience allergies to particular medications, foods or other substances.
- Any history with regard to heart problems such as; heart attack, congestive heart failure, irregular heartbeats, in addition to Lung, Liver or Kidney conditions.
Drugs that may interact with Anagrelide:
- Ciprofloxacin, ondansetron, theophylline or fluvoxamine as they may escalate the risk of the drug’s side effects.
- Omeprazole as it may minimize the effectiveness of anagrelide.
- Anticoagulants such as warfain or Antiplatelet medicines such as clopidogrel, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as they may escalate the risk of bleeding