Brand Name(s): Desoxyn
Drug Class: Anorexiants, CNS stimulants
Treats: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Aminobenzoate Sodium is an inactive ingredient that is a central nervous system stimulant. Aminobenzoate Sodium affects chemicals in the nerves and brain that contribute to impulse control and hyperactivity. Aminobenzoate Sodium helps in treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Aminobenzoate Sodium can also be used to treat obesity after trying other medications and diet with no success.
Aminobenzoate Sodium Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Aminobenzoate Sodium Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Aminobenzoate Sodium Uses
Aminobenzoate Sodium is a stimulant used to treat attention disorder commonly known as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Aminobenzoate Sodium is a part of a total plan treatment that includes educational, psychological, and social treatments. Aminobenzoate Sodium may help in increasing the ability to concentrate, pay attention, and stop fidgeting. Aminobenzoate Sodium can also be used with a doctor approved, reduced calorie diet that will help greatly obese people lose weight. You are recommended to use Aminobenzoate Sodium for a short time, mostly a few weeks in patients who have not managed to lose enough weight with other treatments. Aminobenzoate Sodium may work by decreasing your appetite.
Aminobenzoate Sodium Dosage
You will find the basic dosage below that is used by most doctors to give Aminobenzoate Sodium is to their patients. However, a physician might prescribe a different regimen depending on your medical condition and history for Aminobenzoate Sodium. You should not stop, change your dosage, or start taking your medication without consulting your Physician.
Adult Dose for Obesity
For short-term - a few weeks use in Exogenous Obesity:
- Take one 5 mg tablet one-half hour before each meal. Treatment should not take more than a few weeks in duration.
Aminobenzoate Sodium Side Effects
Like any medication, Aminobenzoate Sodium has its side effects and in the case where they develop, contact your pharmacist or doctor as soon as possible. On your healthcare provider can advise on whether it is safe to continue taking Aminobenzoate Sodium.
Rare side effects of Aminobenzoate Sodium include:
Incidence not known to Aminobenzoate Sodium include:
- Blurred vision
- chest discomfort or pain
- dark-colored urine
- difficulty breathing
- muscle cramps or spasms
- muscle pain or stiffness
- pounding in the ears
- trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
- trouble sleeping
- uncontrolled vocal outbursts and tics
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Aminobenzoate Sodium Interactions
Drug interactions may increase the risk of serious side effects or may alter how your medications work. It is advisable to keep a list of all the medications that you use including non-prescription and prescription drugs and share the information with your doctor or pharmacist. Some products that may interact with Aminobenzoate Sodium include:
- Abilify (aripiprazole), Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Alcohol (contained in alcoholic beverages), (ethanol) Ambien (zolpidem)
- Ativan (lorazepam), Celexa (citalopram), Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids), Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Lyrica (pregabalin), Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- Prozac (fluoxetine), Seroquel (quetiapine)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen), Valium (diazepam)
- Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone), Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Wellbutrin XL (bupropion), Xanax (alprazolam)