Generic Name(s): parenteral nutrition solution
Drug Class: Intravenous, nutritional products
Treats: Providing nutrition to the body, food supplement
Aminess ( parenteral nutrition solution) is an amino acid solution which is infused intravenously into the vein to provide nutrition to the body. It is also known as an intravenous nutritional product since it suplements oral food intake to the body. Aminess contains glucose, Amino acids, lipids, vitamins and dietary minerals which are essential to the body. However, Aminess may also be used for other purposes as determined by the doctor.
Aminess Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Aminess Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Aminess ( parenteral nutrition solution) is a form of an amino acid solution which is mainly used for providing nutrition to the body. This medication is administered intravenously into the vein bypassing the normal process of eating and digestion. Aminess supplements oral food intake to the body. Aminess provides only part of the patients daily requirements. However, this medication is given to severely malnourished patients for example, those who are having chemotherapy and radiotherapy. However, Aminess may also be used for other purposes as determined by the doctor. Do not use this medication if you are allergic to any ingredient in it. Also, do not use in case you have severe blood acid, high blood ammonia levels or low blood volume. Consult your doctor if any of this conditions apply to you.
- Providing nutrition to the body
- food supplement
Aminess dosage is dependent on the user since it is different on different users. The dosage is administered in the form of an intravenous injection into the vein. The dosage also depends on the strength of the medicine and it is only infused to severely malnourished patients. Read the prescription details on the label or consult the doctor for details. Do not start, stop or change the dosage without consulting the doctor.
- oral protein: 0.8 g/kg of body weight for the healthy adult, protein and caloric requirements in traumatized or malnourished patients may be substantially increased.
- for adult patients with adequate caloric intake is approximately 1.5 g/kg of body weight.
Central Venous Nutrition dosage
- A mixture containing 500 mL of Aminess 7% with 500 mL of concentrated dextrose may be administered over a period of approximately 8 hours
Peripheral Parenteral Nutrition dosage
- 7% of Aminess may be given by peripheral vein with hypocaloric energy supplements mixed with concentrated dextrose of up to 10%
Aminess Side Effects
Aminess can cause a variety of side effects which are dependent on the patient. As well as its needed side effects, this medicine may also cause some unwanted side effects that may require medical attention. However, most of these side effects are caused by overuse or unnecessary use of the medicine. In the event that the following side effects occur, seek medical attention immediately.
Common side effects
- difficulty breathing
- tightness in the chest
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- shortness of breath
- sudden, unexplained weight gain
- swelling of the hands, ankles, legs, or feet
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- loss of appetite
- mood changes
- muscle pain, twitching, or weakness
- severe or persistent dizziness
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Aminess has some known drug interactions. As research shows, this medicine interacts with only one moderate drug. However, this does not mean that there are no other drugs that may interact with Aminess. Consult your doctor or a healthcare professional for monitoring. However, avoid combining any medicine without consulting the doctor. Inform your doctor of all prescription and non-prescription drugs you are currently taking. Also, inform your doctor in case you are allergic to any ingredient in the medicine.
Drugs that may interact with Aminess include;
- Amersham Indium (111In)
- Oxine (indium oxyquinoline in-111)
- indium oxyquinoline in-111