Generic Name(s): Suprep Bowel Prep Kit
Drug Class: Laxatives
Treats: stomach or bowel problems
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate (Suprep Bowel Prep Kit) is a laxative which works by increasing the frequency of bowel movements through retaining water in the stool and moving contents through the bowel. Aluminum Potassium Sulfate is used for cleaning the bowel before a certain process known as colonoscopy. However, this medication may also be used for other purposes as determined by the doctor.
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Uses
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate solution is used as a laxative to clean out the bowel before a certain process known as a colonoscopy. This medication works by increasing the frequency of bowel movements through retaining water in the stool and moving contents through the bowel.
However, Aluminum Potassium Sulfate may also be used for treating other conditions as determined by the doctor. Consult the doctor or health professional first before using the medicine to be monitored. Note that unnecessary use of any medicine can cause unwanted side effects or worsen your condition. Do not use this medicine in case you are allergic to the medicine or any ingredient in it.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dosage
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate dosage varies with the age of the patient. The dosage is different for different patients. The dosage is administered in the form of oral liquid. Note that overuse or unnecessary use of can lead to ineffectiveness of the medicine. Always consult the doctor before using the medicine to be monitored.
Recommended dosage for Bowel preparation
A day before colonoscopy:
- Take a light breakfast or have only clear liquids on the day before the colonoscopy.
Early in the evening before colonoscopy:
- Fill the container with water to the 16 oz fill line, and drink the entire amount. Drink two extra containers filled to the 16 oz line with water after one hour.
Day of colonoscopy:
In the morning:
- pour the contents of the second bottle of Aluminum Potassium Sulfate bowel prep into the mixing container provided.
- Fill the container with water to the 16 ounces fill line, and drink the entire amount.
- Drink two extra containers filled to the 16 oz line with water after one hour.
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Side Effects
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate has various side effects whereby some may be reported while other not. Some of the side effects of Aluminum Potassium Sulfate can occur up to 24hours after you have received the medication. Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects while taking this medication.
common side effects
- mild stomach pain, cramping, or discomfort
- difficulty breathing
- tightness in the chest
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue;
- decreased urination
- irregular heartbeat
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Interactions
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate has various drugs that interact with. These interactions should be determined by the doctors since they have the best information concerning this medication. Aluminum Potassium Sulfate interacts with over 600 other types of drugs. Do not combine this medication if not instructed by the doctor to avoid serious side effects that may come along. Seek medical advice for instructions.
Drugs that may interact with Aluminum Potassium Sulfate
- Plavix (clopidogrel)
- Diskus (salmeterol)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
- CoQ10 (ubiquinone)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Lecithin-Softgels (lecithin)
- Lidoderm (lidocaine topical)
- Methotrexate LPF Sodium (methotrexate)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Neurontin (gabapentin)
- Allegra (fexofenadine)
- Avapro (irbesartan)