Generic Name(s): ramipril
Drug Class: Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors
Treats: Hypertension, Heart Attack, Congestive Heart Failure, Nondiabetic Proteinuric Nephropathy, Kidney problems, Diastolic Heart Failure
Altace is an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, ACE, which treats hypertension. It also treats congestive heart failure. Altace is available in generic form as Ramipril and belongs to the drug class Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. It can be taken alone or with other diuretics or antihypertensive. Altace acts by relaxing the blood vessels that, as a result, lowers the blood pressure.
Altace Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Altace Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Altace medicine belongs to a category of drugs ACE inhibitor. It treats high blood pressure and also treats conditions of congestive heart failure along with other medications like digoxin and diuretics. Altace also protects kidney damages due to diabetes. These disorders are fatal if not taken under control. The cause obstructions along the blood vessels and disrupt the pumping and the flow of the blood in the blood organs and tissues that lead to inadequate supply of nutrients in the tissues. Altace relaxes the blood vessels thus prevent cases of kidney problems, stroke and heart attack. It enhances survival after a heart attack which is acute.
- High Blood Pressure
- Congestive Heart Failure
Below is the basic dosage used my most of the physicians to give Altace to their patients. Depending on your condition or medical history, a doctor may prescribe a varying regimen. Therefore, you shouldn't start or stop taking your medication or even change the dosage without consulting your healthcare professional. For hypertension
- In people not getting diuretics, the recommended initial Altace dosage is 2.5 mg once per day.
- The maintenance dosage 2.5-20 mg per day taken in portioned doses or single dose
Myocardial Infarction and Stroke risk reduction
- Initial dose is 2.5 mg once per day for a week then 5 mg once for the following three weeks.
Altace Side Effects
Like any other medication, Altace may lead to various side effects. When you experience an unlikely situation, you should seek medical attention with immediate effect. The more common side effects linked with taking Altace medication are:
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- blurred vision, confusion
- difficulty with breathing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness standing up suddenly from a sitting or lying fainting
- irregular heartbeat, nausea or vomiting
- nervousness, sweating
- numbness or tingling hands, feet, or lips
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- weak or heavy legs
Less common side effects are:
- Abdominal or stomach cramps
- chest pain, discomfort
- cool, sweaty skin
- difficulty speaking, double vision
- inability in moving the arms, facial muscles or legs
- hands, feet, arms, legs, or face muscle cramps
- tingling in the mouth
- seizures, slow heartbeat, tremor
There are possible medicine interactions with Altace. Do not start or stop taking the drugs or change the medication without seeking advice from your health care professional. A few drugs that cause serious interaction with Altace are:
- Amturnide (aliskiren / amlodipine / hydrochlorothiazide)
- Arava (leflunomide), Atacand (candesartan), losartan
- Aubagio (teriflunomide), Avalide (hydrochlorothiazide / irbesartan)
- Avapro (irbesartan), azilsartan medoxomil, leflunomide
- lidocaine / potassium chloride, lomitapide, Lopurin (allopurinol)
- Midamor (amiloride), mipomersen , potassium acid phosphate