Generic Name(s): Dextromethorphan, Phenylephrine, Pyrilamine
Drug Class: Upper Respiratory Combinations
Allanvan-Dm is a cough suppressant that is used to treat cough. Allanvan-Dm affects the signals found in the brain triggering cough reflex. It is, however, important to note that Allanvan-Dm does not treat a cough that may be caused by asthma, smoking, or emphysema. It is not recommended to give children aged under four years Allanvan-Dm.
Allanvan-Dm Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Allanvan-Dm Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Allanvan-Dm is a cough suppressant and is used to reduce the urge to cough by affecting the cough center, a certain part of the brain. Decongestants are used to relieve symptoms that are caused by a stuffy nose. Allanvan-Dm is a combination medication that treats symptoms caused by:
- common cold
- hay fever
- Breathing illnesses such as bronchitis and sinusitis.
Allanvan-Dm can also be used to relieve:
- itchy nose/eyes/throat
- watery eyes
- runny nose
However, Allanvan-Dm is not used to shorten the length that a cold will last or cure a common cold and may have some serious side effects.
AllanVan-DM dosage depends on the individual and the condition being treated. You should always use medication precisely as your doctor prescribes it. Do not take more or less than is given to you. Do not crush or chew tablets. Swallow them whole. Below you will find a typical dosage of AllanVan-DM.
- Capsule, Liquid, Tablet, Syrup: 10 to 30 mg orally after every 4 to 8 hours
- Lozenge: 3 lozenges of 10 mg each orally every 6 to 8 hours
- For sustained-release: 60 mg orally every 12 hours
- The oral disintegrating strip: 15 to 30 mg orally every 6 to 8 hours
- The maximum dose: 120 mg per day
Allanvan-Dm Side Effects
Like any drug, AllanVan-DM may cause side effects. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, contact your doctor. Mild or short-term side effects do not need medical attention. Below you will find a list of side effects associated with AllanVan-DM. Note that not all possible side effects are listed.
Less common or rare side effects of Allanvan-Dm include:
- dizziness (mild)
- drowsiness (mild)
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Symptoms of overdose of Allanvan-Dm include:
- Blurred vision
- difficulty in urination
- drowsiness or dizziness
- nausea or vomiting (severe)
- shakiness and unsteady walk
- slowed breathing
- unusual excitement, nervousness, restlessness, or irritability (severe)
When certain drugs are taken with AllanVan-Dm, the intended effects of AllanVan-Dm may be decreased, altered, or increased. Interactions may also cause further side effects. Before you decide to combine AllanVan-Dm with other drugs, you are advised to first check with your doctor. Some of the medications that are known to interact AllanVan-Dm are stated below. Note that not all possible interactions are listed.
- Ambien (zolpidem)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Mucinex (guaifenesin)
- Neosporin (bacitracin / neomycin / polymyxin b topical)
- Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- Orajel (benzocaine topical)
- RID (piperonyl butoxide / pyrethrins topical)