Generic Name(s): dextromethorphan
Drug Class: Antitussives
Albapec Cf is a cough suppressant that is used to treat cough. Albapec Cf affects the signals found in the brain triggering cough reflex. It is however important to note that Albapec Cf does not treat a cough that may be caused by asthma, smoking, or emphysema. It is not recommended to give children aged under of four years Albapec Cf.
Albapec Cf Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Albapec Cf Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Albapec Cf Uses
Albapec Cf is a cough suppressant and is used to reduce the urge to cough by affecting the cough center, a certain part of the brain. Decongestants are used to relieve symptoms that are caused by a stuffy nose. Albapec Cf is a combination medication that treats symptoms caused by hay fever, allergies, Flu, common cold, or other breathing illnesses such as bronchitis and sinusitis.
Albapec Cf can also be used to relieve:
- runny nose
- itchy nose/eyes/throat
- watery eyes
Albapec Cf Dosage
There is the basic dosage of Albapec Cf that is used by most healthcare providers. However, depending on a patient’s condition or have a medical history, a different regimen may prescribed. A patient is not advised to change their dosage or stop taking Albapec Cf without the approval of their doctor.
Adult Dose for Cough
- The oral disintegrating strip: 15 to 30 mg orally every 6 to 8 hours.
- Lozenge: 3 lozenges of 10 mg each orally every 6 to 8 hours.
- For sustained-release: 60 mg orally every 12 hours.
- In form of Capsule, Liquid, Tablet, Syrup: 10 to 30 mg orally after every 4 to 8 hours.
- The maximum dose: 120 mg/day.
Albapec Cf Side Effects
Most side effects caused by medications are not anticipated. If you notice any changes in intensity or any developments when you use Albapec Cf, you are advised to visit a healthcare provider soonest possible. Healthcare providers are the ones to determine whether you should start, change, or stop taking Albapec Cf.
Less common or rare side effects of Albapec Cf include:
- dizziness (mild)
- drowsiness (mild)
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Symptoms of overdose of Albapec Cf include:
- Blurred vision
- difficulty in urination
- drowsiness or dizziness
- nausea or vomiting (severe)
- shakiness and unsteady walk
- slowed breathing
- unusual excitement, nervousness, restlessness, or irritability (severe)
Albapec Cf Interactions
When certain drugs are taken with Albapec Cf, the intended effects of Albapec Cf may be decreased, altered, or increased. Before you decide to combine Albapec Cf with other drugs, you are advised to first check with your doctor. Some of the medications that are known to interact Albapec Cf are stated below.
- Ambien (zolpidem), Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin), Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine), Lexapro (escitalopram), Mucinex (guaifenesin)
- Neosporin (bacitracin / neomycin / polymyxin b topical), Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- Orajel (benzocaine topical), RID (piperonyl butoxide / pyrethrins topical)