Generic Name(s): ranibizumab
Drug Class: VEGF Antibodies
Treats: Macular Degeneration, Macular Edema
Lucentis is used to treat serious eye conditions such as age related macular degeneration. Lucentis helps prevent decreased vision and possible blindness by altering the amount of blood that reaches the eye.
Lucentis Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Lucentis Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Lucentis Manufacturer Savings Programs
Sign up for the Lucentis Patient Support program for financial and other resources.
View Lucentis Manufacturer Rebates
Lucentis is an antibody fragment that is used to treat severe eye conditions. Lucentis works by preventing the growth of new blood vessels that form under the retina. In addition to that, it can also help with swelling of the retina caused from other various conditions such as diabetes.
Below you will find the different types of conditions that can be treated by using Lucentis:
- Age related macular degeneration
- Macular edema
- Retina swelling caused by diabetes and blockage of blood vessels
Lucentis dosage is completely dependent on the individual that takes it. Lucentis can be used to treat a variety of conditions, and the amount of Lucentis taken will depend on factors such as the age of the individual, the strength of each injection, and the amount of times you plan on taking the injection.
Lucentis dosage to treat age related macular degeneration
- For adults, a dosage of a .5mg injection is recommended once a month. Consult with your physician regularly for a higher or lower dosage.
- For children,consult with your doctor before usage and dosage.
Lucentis dosage to treat macular edema
- (Following retinal vein occlusion) For adults, a dosage of a .5mg injection is recommended once a month. Consult with your physician regularly for a higher or lower dosage.
- (Diabetic) For adults, a dosage of a .3mg injection is recommended once a month. Consult with your physician regularly for a higher or lower dosage.
- For children, consult with your doctor before usage and dosage.
Lucentis Side Effects
Lucentis, like any other drug, comes with its collection of side effects that vary with the individual that uses it. If you experience any severe side effects, consult with your doctor or medical professional immediately.
Less serious Lucentis Side Effects:
- Itchy or watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Sinus pain
- Joint pain
- Dry eyes
Consult with your doctor if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Redness or general eye pain
- Swelling around the eyes
- Bleeding or discharge from the eyes
- Eyes being sensitive to light
- Seeing flashes
- Eye discomfort
- Severe headaches
- Pain during urination
Below you will find a list of Lucentis drug and substance interactions. In many cases Lucentis should not be combined with other medications unless approved by a physician. Consult your physician before taking any new medication.
Note that this list does not include a variety of over the counter drugs and vitamins that could also counteract and alter Lucentis.
Drugs that interact with Lucentis