Brand Name(s): Coumadin
Drug Class: Anticoagulants
Treats: Blood clots, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism
Jantoven is a blood thinner or an anticoagulant that decreases blood clot formation. Jantoven is a generic name for a medication containing warfarin. The brand name of this medication is Coumadin. Jantoven medication prevents strokes, heart attacks and blood clots in arteries and veins. It belongs to the category of medicine called anticoagulants.
Jantoven Discount Coupon - Save Up To 67%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Jantoven Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 67%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Jantoven drug treats blood clots in situations such as pulmonary embolism-PE or deep vein thrombosis-DTV. Jantoven medication also prevents the formation of new clots in your body. Blood clots can occur due to circumstances such as heart valve replacement, irregular rhythm of the heart or atrial fibrillation, particular surgeries that include knee or hip replacement and recent heart attacks. Blood clots can cause other significant disorders like heart attack or even stroke. Jantoven medication addresses these disorders. As an anticoagulant or a blood thinner, Jantoven assists in keeping the smooth flow of blood in the vessels. It lowers the clotting proteins in the blood. Below you will find the uses of Jantoven.
- Blood clots
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
Below is the basic dosage used by many physicians to give Jantoven to their patients. Depending on your condition or medical history, a doctor may prescribe a varying regimen. Therefore, you shouldn't start or stop taking your medication or even change the dosage without consulting your healthcare professional. Do not drink cranberry juice or alcohol while taking Jantoven. You should try to consume the same amount of Vitamin K daily while taking Jantoven. The typical dosage of Jantoven is as follows.
- 2-5 mg taken once daily
- Your doctor may adjust your dose as necessary
Jantoven Side Effects
Similar to other medication, Jantoven may lead to various side effects. If you experience severe or persistent side effects, you should contact your doctor. Mild side effects should dissipate with time and do not require medical attention. Below you will find a list of side effects associated with Jantoven. Note that not all possible side effects are listed.
- Abdominal or stomach pain with cramping
- bleeding gums, blood in the urine
- bloody stools, blurred vision
- burning, crawling, itching
- numbness, prickling, tingling feelings
- chest pain or discomfort
- coughing up blood
- The difficulty with breathing or swallowing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness
- excessive bruising, headache
- increased menstrual flow
- nosebleeds, paralysis
- peeling of the skin
- prolonged bleeding from cuts
Rare side effects are:
- blue or purple toes
- change in consciousness
- chest tightness or heaviness
- chills, clay-colored stools
- diarrhea, dizziness
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- fever, itching, light-colored stools,
- loss of appetite
- nausea and vomiting
There are possible medicine interactions with Jantoven. Do not start or stop taking the drugs or change the medication without seeking advice from your healthcare professional. A few drugs that cause serious interaction with Jantoven are listed below. Note that not all possible interactions are listed.
- A-G Profen (ibuprofen), Abbokinase (urokinase)
- Abbokinase Open-Cath (urokinase), abciximab
- Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder (miconazole topical)
- Androlone-D (Nandrolone), Androxy (fluoxymesterone)
- Andryl 200 (nandrolone), Angiomax (bivalirudin)
- anistreplase, Anolor 300 (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine)
- Ansaid (flurbiprofen), Antara (fenofibrate)
- Antispas (atropine / hyoscyamine / phenobarbital / scopolamine)
- Acetylsalicylic Acid (aspirin), Actiprofen (ibuprofen)
- Activase (alteplase), Actron (ketoprofen), Acuprin 81 (aspirin)
- Addaprin (ibuprofen), Adrucil (fluorouracil)
- Adult Strength (aspirin / caffeine), Advil (ibuprofen)