Iron is a mineral easily available as over the counter supply. Iron poisoning is basically an iron overload brought forth by excessive intake of iron either accidentally or intentionally. In most cases, iron poisoning happens to small children who consume iron supplement pills in large quantities accidentally. Iron supplements are widely used especially by pregnant and anemic individuals and their resemblance to candy has been tempting to children.
|Drug name||Generic Name||Coupon|
Knowing the symptoms of iron poisoning can be of help as early detection can enhance easy and early treatment. Additionally, iron poisoning symptoms may disappear a few hours then come back in a day or later. It is, however, important to consult a doctor if you suspect any cases of iron poisoning so as to receive the appropriate treatment early. Some of the mild and serious symptoms of iron poisoning include the following.
Iron poisoning is one of the leading causes of poisoning deaths in young children aged below six years. This has particularly been due their resemblance to sweets or candy hence tempting the children. Below is a list of causes of iron poisoning.
A doctor will measure and monitor the vital signs of a patient, including breathing rate, pulse, temperature and blood pressure. Below are some other diagnosis tests that may be carried out to diagnose iron poisoning:
The faster an individual receives treatment for iron poisoning the better their chances of survival. Some people have died even a week after the overdose. It is also advisable to restrain from making the child vomit using water or gagging. Treatment for iron poisoning involves the methods listed below:
Back to all Health Conditions