Generic Name(s): immune globulin
Drug Class: Immune globulins
Treats: Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Myasthenia gravis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Progressive Muscle Weakness, Agammaglobulinemia, Multiple Voluntary Muscles Inflammation
Gammagard is a sterilized solution from human plasma. It has antibodies that assist the body to protect itself from various diseases' infections. Gammagard is available in generic form as immune globulin and belongs to the drug class immune globulins. It is available in different brand names such as Privigen, Octagam, Gammaplex, Gammar-P I.V., Gamunex, Carimune, and Flebogamma. Gammagard treats primary immunodeficiency, PI and multifocal motor neuropathy, MMN.
Gammagard Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%** Off!
The free Pharmacy Coupons Gammagard Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%** off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.
Gammagard Manufacturer Savings Programs
Individuals with commercial insurance may be able to save money on their copay with this savings card offered by the manufacturer of Gammagard. You can save up to $2500 off of your yearly costs for Gammagard.
View Gammagard Manufacturer Rebates
Gammagard is used to give strength to the natural defense system of the body which is the immune system. It lowers the risk of getting infections in people with weakened immunity. Gammagard has a high amount of antibodies, the defensive substances which assist the body in fighting infections. It also raises the platelets, blood count, in patients suffering from particular blood disorder like idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura, ITP. Platelets prevent bleeding and clot the blood. In addition, Gammagard treats particular kinds of muscle weakness problem such as multifocal motor neuropathy. It also prevents specific blood vessel disorders in people suffering from Kawasaki syndrome. Below you will find the uses of Gammagard.
- Primary immunodeficiency
- Multifocal motor neuropathy
The basic dosage provided below is used by most the healthcare professionals to give Gammagard to their patients. However, depending on your medical history and condition, a doctor might prescribe a varying regimen. Don't start or stop taking the drugs or even changing your medication without seeking medical help from your physician. The typical doses of Gammagard for some of the disorders are as follow: Primary immunodeficiency syndrome
- The primary dose for adults is 300-600 mg/kg after every 3-4 weeks
Idiopathic (Immune) Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- The necessary dose is 2g/kg in two portioned doses.
Multifocal Motor Neuropathy
- The actual dose is 0.5-2.4mg/kg monthly
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy
- The usual dose is2 g/kg IV infusion given in portioned doses over 2-4 consecutive days
Gammagard Side Effects
Gammagard medications can have its unwanted effects. Any unlikely situation you might experience, immediately seek medical attention. Below you will find a list of side effects associated with Gammagard. Note that not all possible side effects are listed. More common side effects are:
- noisy breathing
- tightness in the chest
- troubled breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- Chills, fever, cough
- fast or irregular heartbeat or pulse
Less common side effects
- Bluish colored lips or nail beds
- Head's burning sensation
- faintness or lightheadedness
Rare side effects
- Difficulty swallowing
- hives or welts
- itching feet or hands
- Eyes, face, or inside of the nose swelling
There are certain likely drug interactions with Gammagard. Don't start or stop taking the medication or even change the prescribed dosage without consulting your healthcare professional. A few medicines that can cause severe interaction with Gammagard include the following. Note that not all possible interactions are listed.
- Acuprin 81 (aspirin), Addaprin (ibuprofen), adefovir
- Adult Strength (aspirin / caffeine), Advil (ibuprofen)
- Bethkis (tobramycin), Bextra (valdecoxib)
- Blowfish for Hangovers (aspirin / caffeine)
- Boniva (ibandronate), bromfenac
- Buffasal (aspirin), Bufferin Extra Strength (aspirin)
- acetaminophen / phenyltoloxamine / salicylamide
- Acetylsalicylic Acid (aspirin), Aclasta (zoledronic acid)
- Actiprofen (ibuprofen), Actron (ketoprofen)